Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttt!

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
I jumped on a cart once when I was worried about making a connection. I felt compelled to constantly say "Excuse me", and "Pardon me" as we raced through the terminal.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
I saw that driver in IAH last weekend, by the way.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:48 am

Programs: MP 1K/Onepass Plat 1MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I only use the cart when I have a VERY tight connection (< 20 minutes) and have to go from C or E to B.

I actually enjoy walking between gates.
Great exercise!
Old May 2, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
I really don't mind the carts, what I mind is the cart drivers that have serious attitude problems. Not so much at IAH or EWR but at CLT they have some real A-holes that think they own the airport (It seems every airport with cart has them but CLT has a higher ratio). I have only ran into a couple at IAH that could use a reality check. I just love when they think they can make anyone just move out of the way, even when it is them driving on the wrong side. When I get one that you can tell is all .....y I just make like I can not hear them and keep on walking. Figure they hit me and my bad day will not compare to how bad its going to be for them.
Old May 2, 2009, 11:40 am

Would markings on the floor, or a cart path work in the terminal?

Taking inspiration from NYC's Fire Lanes on the avenues? Where travelers could walk in those lanes normally, but the carts have a dedicated path of travel.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
>>>And so are the carts b/c they fly around there basically running you over if you don't get out of their way.>>>. I've never seen them run anyone over. If someone needs a hearing aid, they shouldnt be walking in the center of the aisle. And I'm not shy about using a cart if there is an good chance to catch the earlier flight to my destination.
Old May 2, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
Would markings on the floor, or a cart path work in the terminal?

Taking inspiration from NYC's Fire Lanes on the avenues? Where travelers could walk in those lanes normally, but the carts have a dedicated path of travel.
This would be a little difficult. The lanes would have to be quite wide as carts are constantly going in both directions.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: TA Platinum (Now LifeMiles Diamond), CO/CM Platinum. (Now UA Premier 1K) AMEX Platinum
ORD T1 carts??

I appreciate the IAH carts and drivers 100 times more after navigating ORD T1and the UA cart? drivers. The carts aren't really carts, but appear to be US military surplus vehicles done up in battleship grey and haveing more of a dumpbox for pax while the driver sits off to one end.

They employ an annoying siren that you hear several minutes before and after the cart is within sight and they even have a horn to toot when the annoying siren is not enough to get the folks motivated to clear the narrow path. I didn't even mind paying for drinks in the RCC to get away from all that.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 8:10 am

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
When I read “CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!” I automatically heard it in Ricardo Montalban's voice.
Actually, that would be William Shatner's voice, now wouldn't it?
Old Jun 13, 2009, 2:50 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by theblakefish
I agree with those who say there are too many...and let's face it, half of the people in those carts are fata$$es who cannot or will not walk the length of the CO terminal areas....
Gasp.....is that possible? In our era of entitlement, I can't believe that people would behave in such a manner!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.