Wiki Posts
Search

Ccccccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrttttttt!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2009, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
The narrow corridors makes them even worse than other airports.
Yeah, there are carts everywhere, it's just IAH where there are so many, and they're annoying.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
To the OP,

Don't you think you overdid it just a little in your thread title?

I got your point with only reading half the letters.
loosen up a little bit, pal....4700+ posts on here on you can't take a joke?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:00 pm

One from a long time ago that made me laugh: in a deep carnival barker type voice "respect the caaaart"
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Plat
Yes we all know him and he is very VERY noticable especially to the passengers in front of him. You can not help but thinking WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??!!?? and stepping to the side and for the people on the cart they always have smiles on their faces..
Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
To the OP,

Don't you think you overdid it just a little in your thread title?

I got your point with only reading half the letters.
Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo, it was not overdone.

Originally Posted by unkfrank
That is not possible.

Originally Posted by theblakefish
I agree with those who say there are too many...and let's face it, half of the people in those carts are fata$$es who cannot or will not walk the length of the CO terminal areas....

P.S. - to freeupgrade and unkfrank...
I think unkfrank is on your side, fish.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
I love it when they say "Mind the cart". You turn around and have milliseconds to dive out of the way before a 1000 pound electric cart slams into you.
One time I didn't move fast enough and my laptop bag strap got caught on the cart. Pulled me for about 10 feet. My wife traveling with me was paralized with laughter since I just told her I call EWR my second home. She said "doesnt look like your roommates like you very much".

Last edited by joebeenyc; Apr 20, 2009 at 10:31 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien
No he did nnnnoooooooootttttt.
LOL

Question for you frequent flyers....

Are there other airports where there are as many carts that seem to be racing around IAH? I just never seem to notice near as many when transiting other airline hubs....And when i do, they certainly aren't saying "Cart coming through, excuse the cart, or cccaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrttttttt."
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:07 pm

Programs: OnePass Ex-Platinum now dirtinum
Kinda reminds me of my feeble attempt to get my pilot's license. (ran out of time and, mostly, money) My first instructor taught me that when you yell "clear" to make sure nobody will get nailed by the prop, you really have to bark it out.
For the past thirty odd years I've worked in packaging plants. Before we turn a machine I'll holler out CLEAR!!!! and nobody is gonna miss hearing it.
So, if this cart driver is barking out Caaaaarrrrrrttttt! although annoying, at least he has folks attention.

On a totally unrelated note... this past winter we were out driving in the evening. My wife turns to me and says, "Dear...... Deaaaaaar.... Deaaaaaar" in a quiet voice. Didn't occur to me she should be yelling DEER!!!! at the top of her lungs until I slid to a stop sideways amoungst a half dozen of the critters. Didn't touch one but I could've rolled down my window and petted one of the bambi's.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
and let's face it, half of the people in those carts are fata$$es who cannot or will not walk the length of the CO terminal areas
stop being a d!ck
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
There won't be room for people walking much less a cart with the rate of expansion of the corridor between C South and the upper C and E gates, we'll have to walk around to C north and get to E then....

I am exaggerating only a little here, that area is getting TINY!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:48 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by TommyC80
loosen up a little bit, pal....4700+ posts on here on you can't take a joke?
uh - yes, i can take a joke ....i laughed when i read the title - its so ridiculously long....
Old Apr 20, 2009, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Im gonna yell “CCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!” in the echo chamber at IAH
Old Apr 20, 2009, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
stop being a d!ck
My apologies -- I wasn't making any kind of a blanket statement, but a lot of people are just too lazy or unmotivated to walk to their gates....I've seen them get on!
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
My apologies -- I wasn't making any kind of a blanket statement, but a lot of people are just too lazy or unmotivated to walk to their gates....I've seen them get on!
Accepted, but there is a way of making your point without being insulting. Lazy and unmotivated people don't always have a fat a$$.

- HF
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Originally Posted by HobokenFlyer
Lazy and unmotivated people don't always have a fat a$$.

- HF
/me *raises his hand*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.