Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loungeless after October 24

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:41 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Where is this stated?
"Presidents Club members must be ticketed on a Continental flight to gain access to international affiliated lounges."

source: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...tions/all.aspx
Old Apr 19, 2009, 4:06 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
I could be wrong, but isn't this just referring to the affiliated lounges for international? This isn't referring to the everyday CO Presidents Clubs in the US.

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
"Presidents Club members must be ticketed on a Continental flight to gain access to international affiliated lounges."

source: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...tions/all.aspx
Old Apr 19, 2009, 6:57 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by DawgmanOH
I could be wrong, but isn't this just referring to the affiliated lounges for international? This isn't referring to the everyday CO Presidents Clubs in the US.
Correct...my original point is that the CO lounge policies are being brought into alignment with Star Alliance carriers. For example the UA policy is, "For admission to one of our designated Star Alliance® member clubs or lounges listed below, you must be departing on a Star Alliance flight and present your same-day ticket on the appropriate carrier along with your boarding pass or United Red Carpet Club membership card." The US policy is a little trickier, because it offers travelers several different membership options...but for RCC access the policy is, "Access to all US Airways Club locations and United Red Carpet Club® locations throughout the combined US Airways/United network for an additional $120. Requires a same-day ticket on United®." and for Star Alliance lounges, "Access to all the business class Star Alliance lounges worldwide, including the United Red Carpet Clubs, for an additional $220. Requires a same-day ticket on the corresponding Star Alliance airline**." The DL policy, by comparison is more ambiguous but at the same time more open, "Access to partner lounges is subject to additional terms and conditions, including but not limited to the house rules of the partner lounge."

see:
http://ow.ly/3f72 for UA
http://ow.ly/3f73 for US
http://ow.ly/3f79 for DL
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:21 am

Programs: CO Gold
these gazillion rules with gazillion exceptions etc all suck (is that an allowed word?) because when you show up thinking or knowing that you should get access the staff always says "you can't get in because (insert exception made up or wrongly assesed)" and its hard to debate them when they say "its like this" and you cant show any proof that it is not

like last March when the staff of NWA WC @ DTW told me that 'the agreement with Continental for F international does not include Costa Rica' ......something tells me that they had in mind Puerto Rico (because they also brought up some nonsense about "Mexico wasn't included until recently" which is completely irrelevant)

Sure enough, I tried to find some info on nwa site (while sitting outside the club and piggybacking on their wifi) .......but there was nothing at all. And Continental didnt explicitly said what is 'international'

ugh
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by wolfie_cr
these gazillion rules with gazillion exceptions etc all suck (is that an allowed word?) because when you show up thinking or knowing that you should get access the staff always says "you can't get in because (insert exception made up or wrongly assesed)" and its hard to debate them when they say "its like this" and you cant show any proof that it is not

like last March when the staff of NWA WC @ DTW told me that 'the agreement with Continental for F international does not include Costa Rica' ......something tells me that they had in mind Puerto Rico (because they also brought up some nonsense about "Mexico wasn't included until recently" which is completely irrelevant)

Sure enough, I tried to find some info on nwa site (while sitting outside the club and piggybacking on their wifi) .......but there was nothing at all. And Continental didnt explicitly said what is 'international'

ugh
At least you didn't have to deal with a language barrier in DTW. Try getting denied by a non-native English speaker, and try debating a nuance.

Like when AM denied me flying on AS with a CO PC card (AS is not a partner). Next time I was fine getting into the AM lounge flying on MX with a CO PC card. Go figure.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Originally Posted by rjque
Has it recently improved? I haven't been in one for about a year and I remember the same crap that is served in the WCs.
fresh fruit to include strawberries, apples, oranges, bananas all day. Cookies (few different kinds), chocolates, crackers, cheese, pretzels, vegetables and dips. and more....I don't eat cereal but a selection in the AM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.