Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO skyteam award possible in October possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler

I have been trying to get an award to LED from Oct. 7 to 14, but I only get this message:
Continental or its partners serve these cities but do not publish schedules or fares between them. It may be possible to construct an itinerary using two separate fares by calling 1-800-300-1547

I can get an award in May. and I already have a CVG-LED for a DL and AF award for October which I got some months ago using OP miles. Do ST awards have some cutoff date?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
You should be able to redeem awards on Skyteam for those dates and even after the Skyteam exit as long as the ticket is issued before the exit date.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The problem is in trying to book online, not in ST awards disappearing. Just book it over the phone (use co.com and nwa.com searching segment by segment to put together an itinerary) and you'll be fine.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, Life UC, Global Entry (UK citizen)
There may be a complication.

Continental's partnership with Delta-NWA ends July 31, 2009.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
CO's relationship with NW and DL has nothing to do with this, as neither of those carriers flies to LED.

You can get to LED on AF via CDG or on CZ via PRG or on SU via SVO. Awards on these flights can not be booked on-line. You must call up Continental. FWIW, I've had little problem booking CO awards to/from/within Russia.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by EMan
There may be a complication.

Continental's partnership with Delta-NWA ends July 31, 2009.
What "partnership" are you referring to? There are many different levels of arrangements between the carriers. But the ability to redeem rewards on DL/NW metal is not ending on 31 July.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 3:59 pm

Well, that email info from a Continental employee should just be regarded as hearsay. (Viz. The one about ending DL/NW partnership.)

However, I did receive this email from CO yesterday:

=========================
Continental Airlines, Inc.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
=========================

Dear Mr. (EMan),

In June 2008, Continental announced plans for extensive commercial cooperation with United Airlines and Star Alliance, linking our networks and services worldwide to deliver new benefits to our customers. On April 7, 2009 the U.S. Department of Transportation tentatively approved the application for Continental to join the existing antitrust immunized alliance between United and eight other Star Alliance member carriers on international routes.

Regarding SkyTeam, as previously announced, Continental intends to end its participation in the SkyTeam Alliance after the last scheduled flight on Oct. 24, 2009.

OnePass Members:

-Will continue to earn OnePass miles on Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines for all qualifying flights through Oct. 24, 2009.
-May book and ticket reward travel using OnePass miles for travel on Delta Air Lines and Northwest Airlines through Oct. 24, 2009.
-Must complete all reward travel on or before Oct. 24, 2010.
-Will continue to receive Elite upgrade privileges on Northwest through Oct. 24, 2009, or the date of the Delta SkyMiles and Northwest WorldPerks loyalty program integration, whichever comes earlier.

Presidents Club Members:

-May continue to access Delta Crown Room and Northwest WorldClub airport lounges through Oct. 24, 2009.

We continue to work through the details of our exit from SkyTeam and planned entry into Star Alliance, but anticipate our participation in Star Alliance will begin promptly after we leave SkyTeam.

Our focus is on making the transition from SkyTeam to Star Alliance as smooth as possible for our customers. We are excited to begin bringing you the benefits of an alliance that offers truly global coverage including 24 airlines.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
This has already been discussed at length in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...ds-merged.html
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:37 pm

Thanks for pointing that out.....I (obviously) didn't know about that thread..........But I do now!
Old Apr 16, 2009, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
No problem! Obviously there are far too many threads at any given time here -- to have seen them all. At this point, I just assume that any e-mail, etc. notice that I get from any of the programs -- someone else will have posted it on FT w/in minutes!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.