Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

A CO PLT's Perspective on USA STAR Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A CO PLT's Perspective on USA STAR Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by airphone
Continental has plenty of options depite having only 3 hubs they just choose not to put you on another carrier. Star alliance does have certain rules which co must confirm to including putting star golds up even during weather.
Co does the right thing 99% of the time at their outstations just not the hubs.
No they don't, at least cost effectively. If an airline endorses you over to another carrier, the revenue cost to the endorsing carrier is significant.

Alliances are marketing relationships, that's it. NW and DL competed vigorously for business against CO and vice versa. Why would CO put their pax on DL and risk all that revenue, which is often significantly more than the cost of the original paid ticket? The economics don't make sense.

CO doesn't have significant re-routing options presently. With the UA tie up, I expect some significant changes based solely on the fact that this relationship is forecasted to be significantly deeper than their present relationship with NW. As close to a merger/revenue sharing relationship as possible without a full blown merger.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 9:29 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I have not flown UA in years, so cannot comment on inflight service. However, haveing been in quite a few RCCs (through PriorityPass), the Presidents Club is clearly head and shoulders above RCCs. I value my lifetime PC membership greatly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.