Wiki Posts
Search

Zero EQM Club Rollcall

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:06 am
RNE
Original Poster

Zero EQM Club Rollcall

Who's with me at zero EQMs for 2009 on CO? Fess up, fellows! Tell your story here.

Zero EQM Club Members:
magiciansampras
RNE
TSMRSRNE

Who else?

Last edited by RNE; Mar 15, 2009 at 4:18 am
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:48 am

I am struggling to understand the intent of your post?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Stuck at home bored today are we?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I have zero EQMs on CO.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:21 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
Unhappy *Raises hand.*

Last year netted 128k EQ miles and a slew of Plat points. Last month, I got the dreaded layoff notice from the job that built most of those miles. Fortunately, I got a new job very quickly that starts on Monday, the 16th. Unfortunately, it won't include much travel. I fear the miles bank will be dwindling.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by MBM3
Plus1. This thread is a complete and total waste of valuable bandwidth.

Last edited by ConciergeMike; Mar 15, 2009 at 5:18 pm Reason: edited under protest because political correctness sucks
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:28 pm

Programs: CO Gold
I am at 0......until next Thursday when I start with

SJO-IAH-DTW-MBS round trip and later in May SJO-PTY-EZE roundtrip on H fare
Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Posts in this forum should = EQM's, IMHO....
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:15 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MBM3
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Plus1. This thread is a wanton abortion of valuable bandwidth.
Well, the intent is not to insult me. Fortunately, other posters seem to understand that the intent of this thread is to facilitate discussion among CO flyers who find themselves not flying CO for now. The downturn in travel is a current event, worthy of discussion, affecting many here, some of whom would like to commiserate with other CO flyers.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 4:21 am
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kymrbill
Fortunately, I got a new job very quickly that starts on Monday, the 16th. Unfortunately, it won't include much travel. I fear the miles bank will be dwindling.
Glad you found a new job quickly. ^ How long have you been a CO flyer?
Old Mar 15, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by RNE
Who's with me at zero EQMs for 2009 on CO?
Why are you at zero EQM - what has changed in your situation - have you shifted loyalty or flying less or your flying is seasonal and will pick up later? Must sy last year I must have don about 85K and this year I think I have maybe 4K....but that will change over the months though maybe not up to 85 again.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 6:19 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by RNE
Well, the intent is not to insult me. Fortunately, other posters seem to understand that the intent of this thread is to facilitate discussion among CO flyers who find themselves not flying CO for now. The downturn in travel is a current event, worthy of discussion, affecting many here, some of whom would like to commiserate with other CO flyers.
Dont worry - I struggle to find the intent of many posts on here that never get such comments and also run incessantly for days and days.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:47 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ani90
Why are you at zero EQM - what has changed in your situation - have you shifted loyalty or flying less or your flying is seasonal and will pick up later? Must sy last year I must have don about 85K and this year I think I have maybe 4K....but that will change over the months though maybe not up to 85 again.
Originally Posted by ani90
Dont worry - I struggle to find the intent of many posts on here that never get such comments and also run incessantly for days and days.
Amen, my transatlantic friend. My zero EQMs on CO are not the result of a loyalty shift, though I will have an aside about that at the end of this boring paragraph. My zero EQMs are because there's a travel freeze imposed by my employer. ("What? Satan imposed a travel freeze!?" you exclaim. Or, "What? Who would hire him!?" Or, "Aren't convicts confined!?" Be my guest to suggest your own quip, dear reader.) Not quite. My employer still allows travel by car. Oh, the horror! Alas, there are many CO flyers who are flying less because of the economic contraction; a few (like me) are essentially grounded. We're earning zero EQMs and it's a stark reality people want to talk about. This li'l ol' thread lets CO flyers talk about that reality, without being made to feel bad (hopefully). Now, that aside I promised you: At zero EQMs with CO, there is no reason to fly CO when things pick up. Then, ani90, your loyalty question becomes prescient. A soft landing would change that. But CO has never been savvy enough to realize it too should be loyal. They will in '10 and '11 when former elites have nothing to lose by qualifying on other airlines, assuming CO is still flying.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Good for you RNE. I'm part of the club, well at least for the next 45 minutes, till my BOS-EWR-AMS-EWR trip.

I find it strange that a Mod, no less, would post a relatively disparaging comment so soon into the thread, but allow other horrible threads.

And for another FTer to use a controversial term in a flying forum is just disrespectful. Not to mention he/she used it improperly.

I see your thread just as valuable/not valuable as the ones posting that they're the first to earn silver/gold/platinum in a particular year.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by RNE
The downturn in travel is a current event, worthy of discussion, affecting many here, some of whom would like to commiserate with other CO flyers.
Fair enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.