Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Selecting 'preferred' seating on dl.com as CO elite

Old Feb 17, 09, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

I just discovered that you can select DL preferred seats without contacting a DL agent.

1. When booking on delta.com, add your Onepass number to the reservation. (DL has finally allowed this since the NW merger required them to recognize NW numbers; the rest of SkyTeam was added at the same time.) It should recognize you as ST E/E+.

2. Go to http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats and see what preferred seats are actually available for your flight.

3. Go to select seats at delta.com. It will show a map with all preferred seats as occupied. There is a seat assignment box where you can type a seat number. Type a seat you know is available from step 2, even if it shows unavailable on the seat map. IME this selection will work.

YMMV, and I don't know if it works for exit rows or just 'regular' preferred seats. This may be old news, but it was new to me that you now don't need to call DL's non-elite line and wait on hold or play email or chat roulette to achieve this basic task.
Old Feb 17, 09, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Thank you very much, I did not know this.
Old Feb 17, 09, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Wait, so I don't have to spend 45 minutes calling India to get a semi-decent seat assignment anymore?? Thanks!
Old Feb 17, 09, 9:28 pm

Programs: CO Silver
Clever strategy! Thank you!
Old Feb 17, 09, 10:35 pm

Programs: CO Platinum; Delta Gold; Marriott Platinum; Avis First
Originally Posted by yellow77 View Post
I just discovered that you can select DL preferred seats without contacting a DL agent.

1. When booking on delta.com, add your Onepass number to the reservation. (DL has finally allowed this since the NW merger required them to recognize NW numbers; the rest of SkyTeam was added at the same time.) It should recognize you as ST E/E+.

2. Go to http://www.benedelman.org/travel/dlseats and see what preferred seats are actually available for your flight.

3. Go to select seats at delta.com. It will show a map with all preferred seats as occupied. There is a seat assignment box where you can type a seat number. Type a seat you know is available from step 2, even if it shows unavailable on the seat map. IME this selection will work.

YMMV, and I don't know if it works for exit rows or just 'regular' preferred seats. This may be old news, but it was new to me that you now don't need to call DL's non-elite line and wait on hold or play email or chat roulette to achieve this basic task.
Thanks for the benedelman site!
Old Feb 26, 09, 8:00 pm

Does this still work for anyone?

I also tried calling Delta and the lady said that only delta and northwest elites are entitled to the preferred seating.
Old Mar 2, 09, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, CO MM Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ngn01 View Post

I also tried calling Delta and the lady said that only delta and northwest elites are entitled to the preferred seating.

Thanks yellow77! Worked like a charm! SEA-ATL-DKR-JNB, May 21-27.
Old Apr 6, 09, 10:02 am

Programs: UA 1K
Angry

Originally Posted by ngn01 View Post

Not working for me.
Old Apr 6, 09, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
I called DL to get exit row seats assigned as CO Plat and they had no problem doing it. Haven't tried this online approach though...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: