Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Are You Planning To Spend More On CO Because of Do IV?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are You Planning To Spend More On CO Because of Do IV?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:10 pm

Programs: CO Silver DL Plat
Back home in ATL and booked a summer vacation for two to CDG on CO. In some ways wish we were still in Houston....
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:03 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Yep....but they hooked me after DO II...
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I do not.

CO is still my preferred carrier, but I have elite status on a second alliance, too, and my travel decisions are very much dictated by budget. Do the events remind me of why I keep CO as my preferred carrier? Absolutely. But they do not drive additional spending on my part. That being said, I do spend a reasonable chunk of change with them for my leisure travel and I do try to keep two alliance's worth of elite up and active, so I cannot reasonably only fly CO. And when they are $100/person more on a quick weekend jaunt to Florida I cannot justify it at all, even including the likelihood of EUAs.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:29 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by eagle92
No question about it...I will be paying even more for blue kool-aid...if I could pay to get it intravenously I would.
They have Kool AId? I didn't get any of that at the DO. I missed out!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Mariott, Hertz Presidents Circle
Here's something to think about too. I did not go to the DO, as with many others on here. HOWEVER, after reading all the info provided at the DO's, and seeing so many of the pictures, I will definietly increase my spending on CO. All of the above (whether you attended or not) shows how CO cares (and more importantly) can relate to their customers.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: CO Silver-finally, HH Gold, GP, and a host of others
DI IV, my fist DO, guarantees CO will always be my number one airline choice. But then I live on the north side of Houston, my choices are somewhat limited.

I will return CO's awesome treatment of FT customers with my business, every chance I get.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:49 pm

I didn't make it out to the DO, but events like this do speak to me about the culture that a company is trying to embrace.

I just booked a trip out to SJC for this weekend and if everything goes right this year, my 2 year old will make Silver as a Christmas present. I guess you could say that my spend this year will be 25k more miles than last.

That being said, I do hope that the powers-that-be decide to reverse course and do have a DO V.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I will always look to continental.com first before anyone else....DL is on my black list of never, ever fly unless I haven't showered in 4 days so it is continental or drive.
I need to do a CHS-IAH-MSY-IAH-BHM-EWR-CHS run and it wont let me book......help me someone, I don't want to have to book this on USAIR
Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Scott6067
They have Kool AId? I didn't get any of that at the DO. I missed out!
Guess we forgot to bring it to the Sheraton.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:37 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by uavking
Guess we forgot to bring it to the Sheraton.
We wet to the Sheraton!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL gold, marriott silver
Continental has earned my business

Before the DO, I knew that Continental was the premier airline. After the event, I am convinced of it. The employees care so deeply about the customers and truly care about us. They have earned my business and my respect. I absolutely will spend more $ on CO. I want them to be successful!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
In a word, yes. I have about 10k worth of travel this year that was slated for Delta. I have now reallocated it for Continental flights.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:36 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I'm in no financial position (at work or personally) to add to my travel budget, but CO will get 100% of my business... just as they did in 2007 and 2008. I rarely compare prices on flights and just book CO straight out of the gate.

One gain will be from my +1 at the DO - even as a DL frequent flyer, she will be booking as many of her tickets on CO metal as she can until the alliance ends. She was very impressed by the DO, and would switch if *A had any WAS-CDG non-stops besides United. So that's additional revenue through October, at least!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:41 am

Programs: UA, AA
Yes, and I didn't even attend the DO -- just harvested the info from this board.

Booked my poor family with me on a connection through CLE for a trip to MCO in a few months instead of taking a nonstop on WN.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
I'm not sure my spending will increase, we'll have to see how the year goes. The type of travel I'll be doing will be different and they will keep my business for that.

Though, I want to explore UA a little more before the transition of CO to *A begins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.