Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Completely Unacceptable CO Booking Error

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: co,fb,dl,aa
I have the same problem in reverse! AF booking on CO confirmed with AF- no itinerary on CO. I modified two pnr's, one is fine, the other isn't... Still waiting for FB to straighten it out.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
it almost sounds to me like CO and AF systems are firewalled off from each other and they both depend on an aging fax machine that sometimes prints off the faxes to ticket on the other airlines metal.

I just wonder and what point and why they do this!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by robin.goodman
Well, apparently, they jsut changed the date in their system without reissuing to AF, I dont really understand it.

I wouldn't be 100% sure about this - it is the same reason I was given by an agent for ONE of my (so far) three time dropped AF segment. Out of the three occurences, I have now been given 4 excuses as to why it has happened, each one blaming somebody new. And I do keep checking the reservation daily to make sure it's not dropped again, bit so far they have been dropping my ticketed AF segment every 7 days.

Robin
Old Feb 11, 2009, 4:47 pm

Well, apparently, they jsut changed the date in their system without reissuing to AF, I dont really understand it.
I don't understand what there is to reissue. It's a reward ticket so the cost doesn't change with the new date. You only need to reissue tickets when there is money involved or changing carriers.

This date change appears to have been accepted by AF otherwise your ticket could not have been confirmed. Unless there are very different procedures with issuing reward tickets with AF, I see no reason why you are not showing with AF on their flight.

I suggest you call CO Reward's desk to fix this for you with AF. Good luck.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by sfogate
I don't understand what there is to reissue. It's a reward ticket so the cost doesn't change with the new date. You only need to reissue tickets when there is money involved or changing carriers.
Could you please tell this to your 39,999 coworkers at CO (the men and women that Larry is so proud of)? Because none of them seem to know this.

CO loves to reissue tickets, and they've reissued tickets on me for date changes, and even done add-collects for currency adjustments to taxes for $1 and less. Schedule change of 5 minutes with a new flight number? Reissue.

CO has even reissued tickets at the airport when getting rerouted through a different hub while staying all on CO.

This reissue madness is part of the reason why CO gets such a bad rap for IRROPS -- it takes way too long to rebook people.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
Update from CO : Just called CO here in France and received the same story. They told me that if after 24 hours, AF has not cleared me, then we will need to look for another option. I made very clear that the other option was them booking me a revenue seat. But I guess I have to wait the 24 hours for them to be able to do this. So lets see...

I have always flown CO in the US because I found the service to be better than DL. However, this will teach me otherwise, that even spending tons of money on a single airline and getting a platinum card doesnt even get you reasonable service with anyone.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...nt-co-res.html

AF drops segments all the time.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Update from CO : Just called CO here in France and received the same story. They told me that if after 24 hours, AF has not cleared me, then we will need to look for another option. I made very clear that the other option was them booking me a revenue seat. But I guess I have to wait the 24 hours for them to be able to do this. So lets see...

I have always flown CO in the US because I found the service to be better than DL. However, this will teach me otherwise, that even spending tons of money on a single airline and getting a platinum card doesnt even get you reasonable service with anyone.
I agree with you and agree that you have every right to be frustrated with this level of customer service. They took your money, and you have a reservation confirmation, enough said. This is between CO and AF and CO knowing you are a great customer should bite the bullet on this one. Why make you stress... I had a similar experience with Starwood and it was very frustrating. Worked out in the long run, but wasted hours of my time and no one would ever guarantee a fix even though the error was their fault. Your situation is clearly not your fault, so someone needs to step up. This 24 hours for a response is just BS red-tape that buys them time for you to calm down and be willing to accept a resolution that today would be unacceptable. It is shameful. But I am sure in the longrun, this will work out in your favor. You just may have to start pulling teeth to get what you want.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 9:02 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
I had a similar incident with CO booking agents about 2 years ago when I wanted to book a reward Business seat on EK to the Maldives. Everything was fine, and I had seats confirmed. I had to change one date of the trip and the CO agent never informed EK, so the whole reservation was lost and there were no more reward seats available on EK for any of the dates. CO's records showed that it was the agent's fault, but there they would not get me a seat, even on CO's dime.

I have still never been to the Maldives, but still am hoping to go at some point.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:06 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by From NYC
I had a similar incident with CO booking agents about 2 years ago when I wanted to book a reward Business seat on EK to the Maldives. Everything was fine, and I had seats confirmed. I had to change one date of the trip and the CO agent never informed EK, so the whole reservation was lost and there were no more reward seats available on EK for any of the dates. CO's records showed that it was the agent's fault, but there they would not get me a seat, even on CO's dime.

I have still never been to the Maldives, but still am hoping to go at some point.
Wow, and you continue to fly them because?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:42 am

Programs: CO Plat, Starwood Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Diamond, CO Pres. Plus, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Wow, and you continue to fly them because?
Because I've been able to get lots of other tix to places like Tahiti without these kinds of incidents. I'm not so vindictive a person as to let one mistake, which was apologized for by everyone else I subsequently spoke to, overrule years of pretty good service.

However, when making intra-alliance reservations, I make sure now to double-check everything with the phone agent I speak to so that it doesn't happen again.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 9:01 am

I had the same issue with EK when flying back from JNB via DXB to JFK on a CO rewards ticket. I changed the return flight months before, but the ticket wasn't reissued correctly. I was standing at the ticket counter at JNB airport calling CO on my US cell phone while I had EK working on it in South Africa. In the end it worked out after 30 minutes of wrangling.

Just general FYI, 3rd party interline tickets are always prone to error. Catching it early, getting written confirmation of any changes, and getting the names of the agents involved at OnePass from the beginning go a long way to helping rectify a situation. Plus keeping things in perspective since this is technology after all.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN, Flying Blue Platinum, Executive Club nobody, Hilton Gold, Sol Melia MAS Gold
So, after CO promised me it was resolved and no problems at the airport, I showed up at the AF ticket counter, to no reservation. They called CO, and it took approximately 30 mins for the CO agent they called to even read the notes on the reservation and figure out what the problem was in the first place. In the meantime, AF Platinum Desk worked with AF ticketing office in CDG 2E and booked me a K ticket and then converted it to X. I don't know why it was AF to take the initiative to fix it rather than CO.

I will send a very unhappy letter to CO Customer Relations, and this will mark the end of me bothering to accrue any miles on CO if there is no responsibility for this taken.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 12:47 pm

So, after CO promised me it was resolved and no problems at the airport, I showed up at the AF ticket counter, to no reservation. They called CO, and it took approximately 30 mins for the CO agent they called to even read the notes on the reservation and figure out what the problem was in the first place. In the meantime, AF Platinum Desk worked with AF ticketing office in CDG 2E and booked me a K ticket and then converted it to X. I don't know why it was AF to take the initiative to fix it rather than CO.

I will send a very unhappy letter to CO Customer Relations, and this will mark the end of me bothering to accrue any miles on CO if there is no responsibility for this taken.
The problem with certain partner carriers is that the reservation systems are not linked. Onepass reward desk must call them to confirm the reservation. So when CO called AF, your PNR (reservation record) reflected a confirmed reservation but it seems that AF failed to do so on their side, hence the 30 minutes snafu that you experienced.

Would I blame CO for this problem you experienced at the airport, not really. Since it seems that AF failed/refused/made a mistake in comfirming your segment, perhaps you should direct your unhappy comments to AF in a letter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.