Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who got EUA upgrade for flights to the DO?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Omnia: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I heard that they can't get FA's to work that flight.

You may run them out of alcoholic beverages.
sbm12's concern is rum, mine is vodka. Hopefully there's more than three of those...just as much as Jimmy likes his new shoes, Mike could always go for a noontime screwdriver when there's no responsibilities afoot.
I am good for at least 3 vodka cranberry.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Don't drink too much. You have the afternoon at the PC, then you will likely get two drink coupons from CO for the Friday evening event at the Marriott.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

sbm12's concern is rum, mine is vodka. Hopefully there's more than three of those...just as much as Jimmy likes his new shoes, Mike could always go for a noontime screwdriver when there's no responsibilities afoot.
Actually I would normally drink the vodka, too. I only lit in to the rum on Saturday because I was headed to the Caribbean and it seemed appropriate. After my third the FA said she had to go to the back to get more, which is how we got to talking about how many are on the plane. I mentioned that they usually don't run out of vodka on me and she pulled out the drawer to show me that there were many more vodkas in the cart (maybe 6) than there were rums. I may start with rum just to clean out the plane so I can claim a small victory on that front.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
I knew you were a vodka guy (and I think we share a love of Ketel One?) but didn't know if you were switching recently just for fun or something.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
We're scheduled to land about 10 min before the party flight. If I had a video camera I'd record the debarkation.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
We're scheduled to land about 10 min before the party flight. If I had a video camera I'd record the debarkation.
I just hope nobody debarks right there on the Elite carpet...
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
I suddenly see a certain advantage to my seat.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many non-DSLR cameras take video.

Hmmm, I wonder if we can get a group photo on the plane?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Olton Hall
Many non-DSLR cameras take video.

Hmmm, I wonder if we can get a group photo on the plane?
And at least one of the newer DSLRs takes video. We should try for a photo with the crew, assuming they don't want to kill us by the end of the flight. Actually, maybe that would make for a better picture.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
And at least one of the newer DSLRs takes video. We should try for a photo with the crew, assuming they don't want to kill us by the end of the flight. Actually, maybe that would make for a better picture.
I would love to see the quality of the video on that Nikon with a Nikon lense instead of the usual point and shoot lense. I like the photo with the crew idea.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:36 pm

^jer-z-girl and i cleared. T-1 on the outbound and T-5 on the return.
9/9 so far this year.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I would love to film the bunch deplaning the party flight. Maybe I should go on an earlier flight to capture the moment.

Oh... That's right, no free same day stand-by
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
If you see someone with a yellow Flyertalk tag and a little camera as you debark (or de-whatever) on the blue carpet, it's proably me. It depends on which gates each of the flights arrives at.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fabulous on one of the US carriers..
Woot. Aus-Iah - cleared at 24 hr. Oh wait.. 30 minute flight..
Old Feb 4, 2009, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
I like the photo with the crew idea.
+1 - or better yet if it's doable, cockpit shots.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.