Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loss of President Club ST partners

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2009, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dlen111
I just moved from MSY to PHX, so its a wash for me. lost the DL CRC, but now get the RCC. plus with *, i get a ton more direct options out of my new hometown. albeit at 50% EQM.
The 50% thing has not been confirmed anywhere that I've seen. I think that you're probably correct, but until it is official you can hold out hope for full credit.

Originally Posted by tommy777
That you will get access to with your Star Gold card without a PC membership. With a RCC membership, you must be departing on a Star Alliance flight and present your same-day ticket on the appropriate carrier along with your boarding pass or United Red Carpet Club membership card.

The reason most of us pay for a club membership is the ability to get in to clubs within the US, CO Gold and Platinum will get you access to these international lounges for free anyways
Those rules you've described above sound like the rules for *G access to a club (departing on a same-day *A flight). I guess that is an OK option for folks who don't fly enough to make *G, but I'd rather earn my access the fun way - taking trips.

There is no indication one way or another whether CO Gold will be *G. Lots of folks here think that it will or should be, but there have been no official public statements from CO on the topic.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sbm12
Those rules you've described above sound like the rules for *G access to a club (departing on a same-day *A flight). I guess that is an OK option for folks who don't fly enough to make *G, but I'd rather earn my access the fun way - taking trips.

There is no indication one way or another whether CO Gold will be *G. Lots of folks here think that it will or should be, but there have been no official public statements from CO on the topic.
You need to present a ticket when you enter most Star Alliance Clubs or you won't get in. With a RCC card only and ticket you will get access to most airlines Business Lounges (like SK, BD, ANZ, ANA, and LH), while Star Gold members only will get access to the better lounges (Like Scandinavian Lounges, Senator Lounges and Diamond Lounges).

It's not very logical to not give Gold Star Gold status. Just compare to most other Star Carriers, some who give Star Gold at 35K EQM
Old Feb 2, 2009, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You need to present a ticket when you enter most Star Alliance Clubs or you won't get in. With a RCC card only and ticket you will get access to most airlines Business Lounges (like SK, BD, ANZ, ANA, and LH), while Star Gold members only will get access to the better lounges (Like Scandinavian Lounges, Senator Lounges and Diamond Lounges).
Gotcha. Doesn't seem to be too compelling for a *G to care about the international RCC access at that point, which you've noted.

It's not very logical to not give Gold Star Gold status. Just compare to most other Star Carriers, some who give Star Gold at 35K EQM
I completely agree. But until CO actually makes an announcement to that effect stating it as a fact here is conjecture and misleading, IMO. Adding the word "likely" to the statement would go a long way.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Great with a price increase when the number of clubs you gain access to within the US falls dramatically..

Overseas, on the other hand, Star has a superior number of lounges.

For me, ORD, MSP (UA just shut down the MSP RCC) and DTW are airports I visit several times a month, that will have no/bad offerings.

To gain access to RCC is not a motivation for me to pay for the PC membership next year.
So, buy a CRC membership or priority pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.