How long for Delta flights to post?

Old Jan 21, 09, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
How long for Delta flights to post?

My dad recently flew on DL from EWR to SCL through ATL. I bought his ticket for him on DL.com and am sure that I entered his OnePass number correctly, but two weeks later nothing has posted to his account.

How long does it normally take for a DL flight to post?
Old Jan 21, 09, 8:00 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Delta miles post to OnePass within about two days in my experience. If it's been two weeks I suspect that something is wrong. However, on NW operated flights with DL flight number I've had problems, and I've always had to mail those boarding passes in to OP to receive credit. They don't seem to handle codeshare flights well.

Did his OP number appear on his DL boarding passes?
Old Jan 21, 09, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Super cheap tickets may not earn CO mileage...

Flights on Delta w/ Delta flight numbers will not earn OnePass mileage unless booked in the following classes: Y,B,M,H,Q,K,L,U,T....

This might be possibility...
Old Jan 21, 09, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course,

I should have mentioned 1st or BE fare classes all get mileage.

"Flights on Delta w/ Delta flight numbers will not earn OnePass mileage unless booked in the following classes: Y,B,M,H,Q,K,L,U,T...."
Old Jan 23, 09, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy View Post
Delta miles post to OnePass within about two days in my experience. If it's been two weeks I suspect that something is wrong. However, on NW operated flights with DL flight number I've had problems, and I've always had to mail those boarding passes in to OP to receive credit. They don't seem to handle codeshare flights well.

Did his OP number appear on his DL boarding passes?
His OnePass number is on his boarding passes, and I just checked and his return flight did post 2 days after he returned. So somehow the outbound didn't post but the return did? I guess I'll have to fax in his boarding passes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: