Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
with continued 787 delays it looks like 76Xs will be a workhorse of TATL and longer Latin American routes for the coming 5 years, what are the plans now for revamping the BF product going forward? They are nice, comfortable aircraft, but they need some BF love too, there was talk of revamping them as well but the single pod lieflat was not designed/ready.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:36 pm

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
And what about UA MP elites? Will they receive "free" access to CO's "premium" economy section, that artificial barrier somewhere in the front of CO's all E- coach section?
I expect they would. As an NW elite I had access to those seats. I believe that CO made all of them except exit rows available to ST Elites; I expect they will do the same for all *A elites.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MarkXS
I expect they would. As an NW elite I had access to those seats. I believe that CO made all of them except exit rows available to ST Elites; I expect they will do the same for all *A elites.
Exit rows are the only E+ CO has for now... and I love them.
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:43 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I want to know when CO will have a Buy on Board (BOB) option for economy class food service..They could have good quality sandwiches for sale..and save money on meals..and give people what they want..
Old Jan 19, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
There is a way to aviod the standby fee..Buy a refundable ticket..otherwise fees are associated with any change..the airline makes you aware of that when you buy the ticket..its a cost of doing business and yes..its a way to make money..most businesses are in business to make money..CO is in business to make money..
Old Jan 19, 2009, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MarkXS
Don't you think there is a slight disparity, though, if UA's elites receive the privilege of seating in CO's premium section which has the same 31" seat pitch as the rest of coach, but in the front of the plane (as you point out, exit rows have not historically been available to elites of associated carriers) while CO's elites might be able to freely book seats on UA E+ with as much as 36" seat pitch?
Old Jan 20, 2009, 12:03 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
Dropping EDS seems like a reasonable idea if they can find someone who has the skills to recruit a decent programming staff. Continental certainly isn't a software company and I doubt there are many people with that background there. It can be pretty hard to hire and maintain a good programing staff if you don't have someone to make those choices.

Improving the usability of all the systems the agents user (gate agents, phone agents, etc) would do wonders for their customer service. Nobody likes to wait while an agent spends 20 minutes navigating the system to make changes. Investing in making the systems more user-friendly will have extreme long term payoff in efficiency and customer service areas.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 1:14 am

Location: Spring, TX (17 minutes from IAH - then another 30 to park)
Programs: CO PresPlat, IHG Plat RA, WN A+, FL a+, Avis PC
COEX, WN, Internat'l upgrades

Why are the short hop IAH - BTR and IAH - MEM flights always priced in excess of $1000? The same flight to nearby Southwest markets LIT and MSY are $200 R/T. Stop abusing my expense reports in markets where Southwest doesn't fly.

When XJet went under, why didn't CO chose to keep the jets with one fewer row of seats and XM radio?

Upgrade elite members on transoceanic international flights, instead of flying with empty First/BizFirst seats. I can't fathom the logic of upgrading me 5 days out for a flight to Canada or Mexico, but not being able to upgrade me at the gate for a transoceanic flight.
Why should CO employees and their families receive this perk, when loyal customers do not? It doesn't seem fair or logical that the family members of retired employees are riding up front, subsidized by my family in back.

I gladly would trade in all my Platinum "benefits" for a WN RapidRewards style buddy pass. I would also like to receive two upgrade coupons annually, after meeting the top-tier elite status.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IGoogledU
Why are the short hop IAH - BTR and IAH - MEM flights always priced in excess of $1000? The same flight to nearby Southwest markets LIT and MSY are $200 R/T. Stop abusing my expense reports in markets where Southwest doesn't fly.

When XJet went under, why didn't CO chose to keep the jets with one fewer row of seats and XM radio?

Upgrade elite members on transoceanic international flights, instead of flying with empty First/BizFirst seats. I can't fathom the logic of upgrading me 5 days out for a flight to Canada or Mexico, but not being able to upgrade me at the gate for a transoceanic flight.
Why should CO employees and their families receive this perk, when loyal customers do not? It doesn't seem fair or logical that the family members of retired employees are riding up front, subsidized by my family in back.

I gladly would trade in all my Platinum "benefits" for a WN RapidRewards style buddy pass. I would also like to receive two upgrade coupons annually, after meeting the top-tier elite status.
Oh please, if you think any airline is going to do free TATL upgrades FREE, you are dreaming!

They'd be going under VERY VERY soon.
Even the other ailines that allow systemwide upgades do them on a limited basis! It is not a technical issue of why they 'cant' it is an economical issue.
As someone that has done paid BF, sometimes it is nice to have an empty seat!
Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:47 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Oh please, if you think any airline is going to do free TATL upgrades FREE, you are dreaming!
That's not what he said

Edited to add: I guess that is what he said!! Just seemed too unbelievable to me I guess...

CLG

Last edited by CLG; Jan 20, 2009 at 11:40 am
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLG
That's not what he said
Not directly but I took this: instead of flying with empty First/BizFirst seats. <-- meaning instead of flying with empty should do upgrades, they'd rightly prefer to fly them empty than to take on added costs of BF upgrades freely.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CLG
That's not what he said
It is certainly what was implied:
I can't fathom the logic of upgrading me 5 days out for a flight to Canada or Mexico, but not being able to upgrade me at the gate for a transoceanic flight.
Since one can be upgraded right up until departure time now on a miles upgrade I cannot think of anything else they might be asking for.

And I cannot fathom it happening at CO or any other carrier. The potential lost revenue is too great, IMO.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I know much discussion has been had on the EQM/EQP issue with regards to booking on continental.com or with a corporate TA. I still would ask CO 1Pass to revisit the idea of at least awarding EQP's for those who are required to book with a corporate TA. I just feel that loyalty is slighted for those with this requirement who go out of his/her way to choose CO over anyone else but are not rewarded for this loyalty by CO. I already booked the higher fares through my TA because I like the chances of the upgrades. But, with a lot of my rides on barbie jets (EMB's) and paying astronomical fares for short hops, it is the least CO could do. 50% mileage I can live with, but the EQP is really what us short hoppers want.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
  1. More information on the tie-up with UA and *A (timing, earing full EQMs on low fares booked directly, etc.)
  2. What is the future/forthcoming elite structure (100k for Plat a la UA)?
  3. Will some kind of E+ product be installed? Or is it 31" now and forever?
  4. Can we expect the ability to earn some kind of SWU (that is useful/usable)?
  5. Is the ridiculous standby fee for elites ever going away?

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: UA-1K w/2MM & lifetime U-Club; Marriott-Lifetime Titanium; IHG-Diamond; National-Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by USFreak
I know much discussion has been had on the EQM/EQP issue with regards to booking on continental.com or with a corporate TA. I still would ask CO 1Pass to revisit the idea of at least awarding EQP's for those who are required to book with a corporate TA. I just feel that loyalty is slighted for those with this requirement who go out of his/her way to choose CO over anyone else but are not rewarded for this loyalty by CO. I already booked the higher fares through my TA because I like the chances of the upgrades. But, with a lot of my rides on barbie jets (EMB's) and paying astronomical fares for short hops, it is the least CO could do. 50% mileage I can live with, but the EQP is really what us short hoppers want.
+1

I mentioned this in another thread. The flights that qualify for 50% EQM because they're booked through the corporate travel dept. should also qualify for 50% EQP (half-point)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.