Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Enjoy the DO this weekend, CO FTers! I wish I could've gotten away from the frigid Northeast to join you all again this year. Someone take some notes and post answers to the questions for those poor freezing saps that couldn't make it!

peace,
~Ben~
Old Feb 6, 2009, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by channa
The rule of thumb is that a *A carrier may not prohibit access to another carrier's *G on an int'l itinerary. They can, however, prohibit access to their own Elites from accessing their own lounges.
A fun one could be the definition of "an international itinerary".
(the plain simple geek in me defines that an itinerary includes all flights, so as long as the first and last are "international", you'd be able to assert *G lounge access on the entire itinerary, including flights between stopovers etc.)

Mind you, that rule of thumb only applies to US/UA *G.

If I read the http://www.staralliance.com/en/trave...ss-policy.html Star Alliance website: if you're *G, and flying *A you can access the *G lounge (if it's a contract lounge, the *A carrier does need to have a contract, usually has), UA/US *G's can only assert that right on USA based clubs when flying internationally.

My guess is that CO will adopt that same policy, if only to prevent the influx of US/UA *G's into their club and vice versa.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.