Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question & Issues You Want Answered and Addressed at DO IV

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
I'll ask the same two questions I asked last year:
1. When will CO start filling the middle seats in Y from the back to the front rather than from the front to the back? I almost always sit in the bulkhead and never have an empty seat next to me, despite there being empty middle seats in multiple back rows.
2. When will CO update their trip alert notification to include all delays/gate changes/etc. in a timely manner? AA still far exceeds CO in this department.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by theblakefish
I would like to see CO.com reflect the proper mileage earning, not "actual." My flights SAT-IAH say 191 miles, and of course I get 500, but I would like to see that resolved. Thanks!
Ah, but if you get an elite or class-of-service bonus, it will be based on actual miles. It's important to know the actual miles for the segment.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 1:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by belynch
My other question is if CO will ever implement a system to turn off the voice recognition technology (WHICH. NEVER. WORKS.) at the start of the call? The way it is now, if you call from somewhere with background news (e.g. an airport @:-)) the system thinks you're trying to tell it something and it blocks you from manually putting in the info (assuming you have a phone that works with that) then just dumps you into whatever it feels like.
There already is such an option if calling from a cellphone: it's called the Mute function.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 1:21 am

Why did Continental not renew participation in the American Express Platinum and Centurion International Airline Program? (this provided 2-for-1 tickets for J fares on most BF routes)
Old Feb 1, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by belynch
Will CO ever consider using a touch-tone phone system that responds to all phones? Its been reported on here, several times, that several models of BB do not interact well with the CO automated phone system.
My experience being from Europe is that many, if not most of those response systems do not work when I call them from my cell when at home. Some work when I'm abroad, but most don't... Would *love* to see something done about that...
Old Feb 1, 2009, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Will Continental Airlines Gold Elite status confer Star Gold status upon the switchover? CO's website only speaks to Platinum Elites as Star Golds. As a basis for comparison, Gold Preferreds on US Airways, as well as Premier Executives (mid-tier) Elites on United are considered Star Golds with the corresponding benefits, including international lounge access.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
Will Continental Airlines Gold Elite status confer Star Gold status upon the switchover? CO's website only speaks to Platinum Elites as Star Golds..
Don't you mean CO Plats are ST Elite Plus? I would be quite surprised if the CO website currently says anything about how elite levels will translate in Star Alliance. I'd sure be interested in the link to the page that states this on the CO website.

Now it wouldn't surprise me if this is the way CO goes when all is said and done... I suspect that they aren't too keen on any elites getting free lounge access when flying int Y but put up with it as the cost of being in an alliance...hence they'll try to make it as restrictive as possible by just making it for plats

Last edited by Renard; Feb 2, 2009 at 9:02 pm Reason: grammar
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
I meant exactly what I wrote. Straight from CO's own website:

"Will I be able to use the United Red Carpet Club and Star Alliance partner Lounges?

Presidents Club members will have access to both Continental's Presidents Club and United's Red Carpet Club® lounges. In addition, Continental's Platinum Elite members traveling on international Star Alliance itineraries will have access to Star Alliance lounges at a future, yet-to-be-determined date."

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../alliance.aspx

CO said nothing about Gold Elites getting similar international lounge access, which is a published benefit of Star Alliance Gold status. All other North American Star partners grant Star Gold to their midlevel and higher Elites (US grants Star Gold to its midlevel Gold Preferreds, Platinum Preferreds, and top-tier Chairman Preferreds, United to its midlevel Premier Executive and top-tier 1Ks, and Air Canada to its mid-level and highest tier elites), and I would like some clarification as to whether CO will follow suit (it's a fairly up-or-down kind of question, and one CO will have an answer to by now or very soon).

I would like to think that CO will follow the lead of its North American peers and confer Star Gold status upon OnePass Gold Elites, but I do not assume they will. Hence the question for the DO...
Old Feb 2, 2009, 11:57 am

CO/UA/US alla CO/NW/DL and decline of medhaul catering in F/J

what are the chances CO will spearhead an agreement with US and UA alla the CO/NW/DL deal? recip up's on one or both partners and complete lounge access across the system.

what is with the downgrade in med haul domestic FC and intl Biz catering? it has gotten so bad. from food quality and menu choices to serving and presentation.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by dlen111
what are the chances CO will spearhead an agreement with US and UA alla the CO/NW/DL deal? recip up's on one or both partners and complete lounge access across the system.
US's elites would make out like bandits if they got free upgrades on CO.

In return, CO's elites would get the advantage of a bigger seat on US, and hopefully access to exit row/bulkhead/elite seating in advance.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dlen111
what are the chances CO will spearhead an agreement with US and UA alla the CO/NW/DL deal? recip up's on one or both partners and complete lounge access across the system. ....
Hopefully zero - our domestic Y product is probably on par with US F, and UA has a fraction of the domestic F seats that we have - recip upgrades are hopefully not, nor ever on the agenda.

I would like to see reasonable mileage upgrade awards for UA C - while CO still thinks BF is worthy of tight supply and a hefty co-pay, it appears that the new UA C is not a horrific substitute (assuming you don't get one of their walking fossil FA's with 'tude), and I'd buy a rev ticket on UA with a reasonable upgrade award to C for a transpac flight.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by SS255
US's elites would make out like bandits if they got free upgrades on CO.

In return, CO's elites would get the advantage of a bigger seat on US, and hopefully access to exit row/bulkhead/elite seating in advance.
regarding US, im more concerned with lounge access. it would be cool if we had the identical relationship with UA/US that we had with NW/DL.

some type of recip upgrade ops on UA, elite recognition on US (no upgrades unless something like we had in the HP days), and access to all lounges regardless of carrier.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Hopefully zero - our domestic Y product is probably on par with US F
While US F is bad, to say that CO Y is on par with US F is a bit of an exaggeration IMHO. Take it from a silver who has spend a fair amount of time in CO Y....I'd take US F over CO Y....plastic cups and all.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I meant exactly what I wrote. Straight from CO's own website:

"Will I be able to use the United Red Carpet Club and Star Alliance partner Lounges?

Presidents Club members will have access to both Continental's Presidents Club and United's Red Carpet Club® lounges. In addition, Continental's Platinum Elite members traveling on international Star Alliance itineraries will have access to Star Alliance lounges at a future, yet-to-be-determined date."

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../alliance.aspx

CO said nothing about Gold Elites getting similar international lounge access, which is a published benefit of Star Alliance Gold status. All other North American Star partners grant Star Gold to their midlevel and higher Elites (US grants Star Gold to its midlevel Gold Preferreds, Platinum Preferreds, and top-tier Chairman Preferreds, United to its midlevel Premier Executive and top-tier 1Ks, and Air Canada to its mid-level and highest tier elites), and I would like some clarification as to whether CO will follow suit (it's a fairly up-or-down kind of question, and one CO will have an answer to by now or very soon).

I would like to think that CO will follow the lead of its North American peers and confer Star Gold status upon OnePass Gold Elites, but I do not assume they will. Hence the question for the DO...
Of course, they mention plats because that is a given...not saying gold elites will get it doesn't mean they won't...but it would not surprise me to see CO not give Star Alliance Gold to OP Gold Elites....as I said, they loath to give free lounge access to anyone. They do it out of sheer obligation and will be as stingy as possible with it--hence plats only. Now of course any talk about this is just pure speculation until CO sets forth the rules later in the year. It won't effect me as my CO status is fading and I'm a 1P UA *Gold

It would be just another case where OP is not competitive. There are others and CO doesn't seem to be concerned that their FF program is competitive on all fronts.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Renard
Of course, they mention plats because that is a given...not saying gold elites will get it doesn't mean they won't...but it would not surprise me to see CO not give Star Alliance Gold to OP Gold Elites....as I said, they loath to give free lounge access to anyone. They do it out of sheer obligation and will be as stingy as possible with it--hence plats only.
AC *G status kicks in at 35,000 miles. It would be kind of unfair to have to fly more than 2X the mileage that Aeroplan members have to fly to get *G status on CO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.