Wiki Posts
Search

AeroRepublica (P5) is an A+ OP partner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
AeroRepublica (P5) is an A+ OP partner

I cashed in some OP miles for a RT on P5 this holiday season and was thrilled with their services. I am currently OP Gold, check in was very professional and welcoming and I was given the 2nd row. Elite security lane at BOG airport was a plus! Upon boarding received a cheerful welcome from gate agent when she saw I was ST Elite. They use Embraer 190 (last 2 coming on board this month for an all E190 fleet, replacing the last of their M80), 2x2 configuration with seat pitch that puts CM and CO to shame. I'm 6 feet 240# and could cross my legs. Fast and efficient service and a very cheerful crew. Luggage was tagged for priority and was first to come out.

Return was on a M80, CO and CM style seating, cramped, but was given 1st row. Again, cheerful welcome as I boarded, and luggage was first out again.

Surprisingly I received OP miles for these award flights and applicable bonuses. I contacted OP and had them removed (new year's resolution: be honest).

I really got the impression that P5 is proud to be a OP partner and was well informed of their elite services. Ironically I used the last of my OP miles for these flights to finish out my account (have 70 miles left) and now I feel I want to stay with OP.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
It's good to see someone being honest with CO and bringing to their attention their mistake. Why did you decide to leave CO in the first place?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 9:00 pm
jez

Lucky you for getting new EMBs. They still fly the 7.39pm flight from PTY to BOG with old MD80s - feels like a bus (no F) - flight's always full. EMB flights with P5 are not bad but I would definitely recommend CM (even if that means an extra stop-over), service has always been absolutely impeccable.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA MM
I just wish to hell that AeroRepublica would start serving Pasto or Ipiales. Their domestic network is really not that big, and with their focus now on PTY, it doesn't seem like the plan to make it much bigger.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, CM Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Why did you decide to leave CO in the first place?
I got a status match with CO and regretted using my one time opportunity because then my flying habits changed and I wasn't even near enough to earn Silver status in the 17 months I had comped Gold status. Since I won't be elite after Feb I will have to consider trying to build it up again or just staying with AA and AV with whom I have status already.
I do a lot of flying to Colombia and within and usually I can get a few day layover on a segment with AV, even though their elite program is a little stingy. However like I said, my experience with P5 has made me think seriously about building status with OP.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
Sounds like you had a great experience with them! Haven't flown on their EMBs, but lately, I keep getting very pleasantly surprised with Latin American airlines in general.

Oh, and just as a side note, AeroRepublica is not really a OnePass partner as such. They, along with Copa (and obviously CO), share OnePass as their frequent flyer program.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:13 am

Programs: UA GS MM, HHonors Silver, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, AA, DL
Aerorepublica

The service is much better than Avianca but the network is much smaller within Colombia. Also, they are much better on being on time, although Avianca has improved. Many have called them Avianunca.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.