Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Official Cigarman/Continental Event 4 Registration FEB 6/7 =EVENT FULL=

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Cigarman/Continental Event 4 Registration FEB 6/7 =EVENT FULL=

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, AA, B6, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, SPG
Originally Posted by geoffco
My thoughts were of Scott as the newest version of Richard Dawson, ... in a series of Flyertalk Feud...
I've met Richard Dawson. Scotts a nice guy. Why would you want to punish him by turning him in to R.D.?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CJ1120
I call ALCO, CLG, Starwood Lurker, SSullivan and J. Edward for my team
Sure, sounds good to me!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Originally Posted by Olton Hall
I've met Richard Dawson. Scotts a nice guy. Why would you want to punish him by turning him in to R.D.?
You obviously have no sense of humor. As a joke I referenced every host of Family Feud I could remember and in quoting me, you eliminated all of them from except the one you had the distinct honor of meeting.

In your defense, there are now only 99 Silver Elites left to survey.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by geoffco
You obviously have no sense of humor. As a joke I referenced every host of Family Feud I could remember and in quoting me, you eliminated all of them from except the one you had the distinct honor of meeting.

In your defense, there are now only 99 Silver Elites left to survey.
I got the joke. I just forgot to add few and a couple of and some
Old Dec 31, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: CO-Platinum; Amex Platinum; SPG-Gold; Peasant with AA, & WN, Hotels: PH, KC, OM, HH, MC, HI(IN) & JD
Originally Posted by cigarman
That is a tough question. As the father of seven children I would like to say bring them. But the reality is that we have alchol at our evening events and minors present big legal issues for us. We also have safety issues in the areas we tour and I am not certain how we would handle that. So our policy has been adults only up to this point. I'll talk to the insider and see if he concurrs and if I am representing the issues correctly.
In Texas, a minor with a parent should not be a legal issue. Heck, In Texas I can legally buy my kids drinks in a bar. I guess some plaintiff’s attorney could be a problem if there is an injury, but that’s a relatively remote possibility, especially if there are liability releases.

Please let me know what the policy on this is. One of my +2 is Farenthold Jr. She’s a 19 year old Texas Tech student who is looking young & being elite and pondering a career in the travel and hospitality industry.

BTW Count us in for Mortons.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 6:57 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Originally Posted by farenthold
In Texas, a minor with a parent should not be a legal issue. Heck, In Texas I can legally buy my kids drinks in a bar. I guess some plaintiff’s attorney could be a problem if there is an injury, but that’s a relatively remote possibility, especially if there are liability releases.

Please let me know what the policy on this is. One of my +2 is Farenthold Jr. She’s a 19 year old Texas Tech student who is looking young & being elite and pondering a career in the travel and hospitality industry.

The TT RHIMS program is a good one if she decides to go. I was there working on my PhD for a year.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Heck, In Texas I can legally buy my kids drinks in a bar.
One of the Xyzzylets was quite surprised by that a year or so ago
You'll have to post that to the other thread!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood

Talked to the powers that be. We are comfortable with 18 for the age cutoff. You will be fine.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy-Gold, HH-Gold, UA-Gold, *A-Gold
Registered, me and the wife...staying at Sheraton...still have to book flights though....

- HF
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:24 pm

I'll be there volunteering as well! Hope to run into everybody at some point!
Old Jan 1, 2009, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New Year's Bump.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
bump!
Old Jan 1, 2009, 10:49 pm

so whats the cap limit? there's 414 registered right now...
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/ *G
Just Registered, but too late?

Its already 435.......

PLEASE OH PLEASE - I loved DO II & III.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
I see a lot of people on the list from UA. Those people consistently bash CO in the UA forum. Now CO has a great event, they all want to come over

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.