FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   New Lounge Options for Orange County and Phoenix (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/899490-new-lounge-options-orange-county-phoenix.html)

UA Insider Dec 15, 2008 12:01 pm

New Lounge Options for Orange County and Phoenix

Hi Everyone,

As you may notice on our online lounge locations page, we’ve added two new airports – Orange County (SNA) and Phoenix (PHX). These additions are effective today, Dec. 15th. In both airports we’ve worked out a local site-specific agreement with United to allow the Continental customers access at these Red Carpet room locations. The following Continental customers will be eligible:

• Presidents Club members and up to two guests or immediate family (spouse and children under the age of 18) traveling on a same-day Continental or United ticket

• Customers with a same-day Continental BusinessFirst ticket. Please note this doesn't currently include International Business Class customers, and guests are not permitted
We’re excited to expand the reach of our lounge network to include these two popular locations.

A similar local site-specific agreement has been set up for our Presidents Club in Las Vegas for United’s eligible customers.

rolov Dec 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 10911175)
Hi Everyone,

As you may notice on our online lounge locations page, we’ve added two new airports – Orange County (SNA) and Phoenix (PHX). These additions are effective today, Dec. 15th. In both airports we’ve worked out a local site-specific agreement with United to allow the Continental customers access at these Red Carpet room locations. The following Continental customers will be eligible:

• Presidents Club members and up to two guests or immediate family (spouse and children under the age of 18) traveling on a same-day Continental or United ticket

• Customers with a same-day Continental BusinessFirst ticket. Please note this doesn't currently include International Business Class customers, and guests are not permitted
We’re excited to expand the reach of our lounge network to include these two popular locations.

A similar local site-specific agreement has been set up for our Presidents Club in Las Vegas for United’s eligible customers.

Nice job
That was a good trade - CO gives RCC members LAS PC access for
RCC access at SNA & PHX plus a player to be named later :D

ETA: the RCC at SNA is very nice

kingalien Dec 15, 2008 12:13 pm

How about IAD please? :)

MIA-SAT Dec 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Is is correct to assume that this reciprocity applies only to Presidents Club members and the agreement does not allow for reciprocity for AMEX Plat card holders flying with CO? I assume that this is the case, because reciprocity is not available with NW or DL clubs when Amex Plat holders are on CO tickets.

baglady Dec 15, 2008 12:16 pm

This is great. The RCC at SNA is one of my favorites^

Steph3n Dec 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by MIA-SAT (Post 10911254)
Is is correct to assume that this reciprocity applies only to Presidents Club members and the agreement does not allow for reciprocity for AMEX Plat card holders flying with CO? I assume that this is the case, because reciprocity is not available with NW or DL clubs when Amex Plat holders are on CO tickets.

That is up to AMEX more than CO.

Anglo Large Clawed Otter Dec 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by rolov (Post 10911230)
ETA: the RCC at SNA is very nice

Indeed it is. ^ to CO.

cova Dec 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Way to go CO. I will be in PHX over the Xmas holiday's and can use the UA RCC. Thanks Scott - for the update!

Now I would like UA and CO to get together and reopen the BWI UA RCC, which closed last Sept, 2008.

cova Dec 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien (Post 10911245)
How about IAD please? :)

The very nice IAD NW WC is currently accessible to PC members traveling on CO, NW and DL - since they are all in the same terminal B. Obviously this will change later.

texd Dec 15, 2008 12:39 pm

It's nice to see the PHX drought end.

channa Dec 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 10911369)
The very nice IAD NW WC is currently accessible to PC members traveling on CO, NW and DL - since they are all in the same terminal B.

And UA Express out of adjoining Terminal A. If your IAD connection is long enough on UA mainline, you can moon buggy over to the IAD WC as well.

CO Platinum Dec 15, 2008 1:28 pm

That is great news. Although I am not really benefited as I never have and never will fly to SNA and/or Phoenix. How do the RCC's compare to the PC's? Do they have a lot of food options or are they similar to AA's clubs with just peanuts and cocktails for $$? On a side note, I believe that this is the first concrete "aligning" of CO/UA, when can we expect more "aligning" such as RCC/PC reciprocity worldwide??

Also, whats the status with CO/AC mileage reciprocity that was annouced a couple months ago? (Sorry for getting off course)

sbm12 Dec 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by CO Platinum (Post 10911650)
That is great news. Although I am not really benefited as I never have and never will fly to SNA and/or Phoenix. How do the RCC's compare to the PC's? Do they have a lot of food options or are they similar to AA's clubs with just peanuts and cocktails for $$?

UA RCCs are similar to CO PCs in terms of food - not much at all - and booze for sale.

Will PC members get free WiFi? Currently RCC members can get it by entering their RCC number on the main page. Other guests don't get it for free.

Billiken Dec 15, 2008 1:55 pm

Bueno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CO Platinum Dec 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 10911757)
UA RCCs are similar to CO PCs in terms of food - not much at all - and booze for sale.

Will PC members get free WiFi? Currently RCC members can get it by entering their RCC number on the main page. Other guests don't get it for free.

I used to think that PCs were very stingy but now looking at RCCs, PCs arent looking so bad!!