Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

New Lounge Options for Orange County and Phoenix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lounge Options for Orange County and Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by cova
The very nice IAD NW WC is currently accessible to PC members traveling on CO, NW and DL - since they are all in the same terminal B. Obviously this will change later.
Alas, all my flights are UA mainline so much rather have access to RCCs in Terminals C/D.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: HH Gold, UAL SP, Marriott PL, National Excecutive Elite, SWA A+
Originally Posted by sbm12
UA RCCs are similar to CO PCs in terms of food - not much at all - and booze for sale.

Will PC members get free WiFi? Currently RCC members can get it by entering their RCC number on the main page. Other guests don't get it for free.
Just a note about the WiFi. If you are a guest in the lounge (enter somehow without being a RCC member, you can request a free access code from the door agent.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K

Will PC members get free WiFi? Currently RCC members can get it by entering their RCC number on the main page. Other guests don't get it for free.
PHX has free wifi throughout the airport. I was in the RCC in April using my US Airways Club membership, and I was able to access the free airport wifi. Unless anything has changed since April, this should not be an issue in PHX.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by willyt25
Just a note about the WiFi. If you are a guest in the lounge (enter somehow without being a RCC member, you can request a free access code from the door agent.
And they can say no, as they frequently have done to me. The guest codes are supposed to be for people who buy a day pass or who get in on F or C tickets, not for guests of members or *G admits.

Originally Posted by SS255
PHX has free wifi throughout the airport. I was in the RCC in April using my US Airways Club membership, and I was able to access the free airport wifi. Unless anything has changed since April, this should not be an issue in PHX.
That is good for PHX, but it doesn't work at DEN despite the free WiFi airport-wide. The DEN RCCs are elevated and the WiFi signal doesn't make it upstairs very well.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MIA-SAT
Is is correct to assume that this reciprocity applies only to Presidents Club members and the agreement does not allow for reciprocity for AMEX Plat card holders flying with CO?
There is also an AA Admiral's Club at SNA. There are some relatively inexpensive refundable fares on routes where AA competes with WN.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis President; Marriott Platinum
It would be nice to see access to the RCC in PHL since Delta has moved their club to the A terminal.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:09 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
Sna - woohoo

Since SNA is the homefield, this is a genuine homefield advantage. I anticipated this late next year but it is great to open it up now. Thanks, CO!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
^ Great news!
Old Dec 15, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by SS255
PHX still has free wifi airport-wide courtesy of the city of Phoenix. ^
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
That is good for PHX, but it doesn't work at DEN despite the free WiFi airport-wide. The DEN RCCs are elevated and the WiFi signal doesn't make it upstairs very well.
The DEN PC is convenient enough even to UA. You can take the elevator from the 4th floor down to the train right outside the PC door. Not a bad transfer to the other terminals.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
The DEN PC is convenient enough even to UA. You can take the elevator from the 4th floor down to the train right outside the PC door. Not a bad transfer to the other terminals.
Yep, you can make it from the DEN PC to just about any gate in the airport in 15 minutes or less. It's not hard.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:10 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by CO Insider
*]Presidents Club members and up to two guests or immediate family (spouse and children under the age of 18) traveling on a same-day Continental or United ticket
I'm very happy to see that one of the first changes we see includes something that adds value to CO customers without taking things away. As a temporary Arizonan commuting to SFO, this is probably enough to get me to switch from WN for my SFO-PHX flights. I still hope that the UA agreement might mirror the NW/DL agreement with unlimited reciprocity regardless of the airline flown, instead of requiring that we fly on UA or CO: often the only non-stop options out of PHX are on US.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by ssullivan
Yep, you can make it from the DEN PC to just about any gate in the airport in 15 minutes or less. It's not hard.
I'm sure I could physically get there, but my access means of *G or AmEx PLT means no access once I get there.

SNA has no free wireless in the terminal. What about PC members trying to get WiFi there? The question remains, regardless of which RCC one is going to.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I am in the Phoenix RCC right now. Just showed BP and PC card and ID.

Very attractive lounge near the CO gates. You can look out the window right at the CO jetways. Divided into about 5 sections (larger than FLL PC). Restrooms inside lounge, near check in desk.

Phoenix Airport WiFi is free. UA does not have their own. About 4 workstations positions at one end. But some tables at other end, with wall plugs available.

Breakfast items include:
Fruit, large bagels, yogurt, coffee, tea, etc.

Bar is at other end but drinks are expensive:
Liquor - $7
House Wine - $6, offer more expensive as well.
Beer - $5
Draft - $4.50
Bottled Water - $2

Pitcher of tap water available for free.

Vice nice lounge, except for the expensive bar. A big improvement from previously sitting in the crowded CO gate area and using the airport public WiFi.

Thanks CO for this early access ^ Of course, the CO LAS PC is a step above.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by kingalien
How about IAD please?
I thought CO didn't have access with UA lounge?

Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
PHX still has free wifi airport-wide courtesy of the city of Phoenix. ^
I think there is free of charge that you can surfing with Internet. I know where RCC lounge near old US gates right next to CO gates. I remember when I was there at the old terminal 2. I look it around where I can see explorer around the terminal 2. Pretty soon when PHX will have demolished old terminal 2. It will begin constructions new S1 at the terminal 4. If they are approval from FAA. It will have wait to get finalized approval from city of Phoenix.

I knows AC has been already relocated to T4 along with US, WS, BA, AM. It will be better reductions less the crowded in the terminal 4. So however, I think AC will kept in the terminal 4 for awhile until new West Terminal will being built in the future. If they have enough gate availability at the T4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.