Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

3x cheers from BKK for CO Insider & CO staff

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3x cheers from BKK for CO Insider & CO staff

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:00 pm
JMR
Original Poster

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Thumbs up 3x cheers from BKK for CO Insider & CO staff

A quick note of praise and thanks for CO Insider and his colleagues for great work helping me get out of BKK this week.

I won't bore everyone with the minutia, suffice to say that when NW cancelled its BKK-NRT flights I, travelling on a CO tix, was left somewhat in limbo.

CO's BKK office was only able to place me on a waitlist, but Scott and a colleague were able to work with NW to get me into the forward cabin with a confirmed seat for 7 Dec.

So three cheers for CO Insider, his colleagues and CO for having the wisdom to hire, retain and (I hope) promote them.

As mentioned in a separate thread, the BKK crisis will separate the airlines into those who care and those who don't. CO, I argue, has strongly demonstrated a commitment to its customers in this instance that is above and beyond its competition.

Thank you, sincerely, CO Insider for the help.

Last edited by JMR; Dec 5, 2008 at 3:40 am Reason: clarify travel date.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Thanks for telling us this. Can you tell us what flight did you fly out from BKK on?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:34 am

I had a post on the CX forum, under the thread : " Bangkok and our holidays "...We were holding C class tickets on CX...and boy, did they do a lousy job at UTP ( U-tapao ), the airforce military base where the airlines tried to operate evacuation flights from.
Called and called CX in BKK and HKG...got no help from them. Were told that they don't take reservation for those flights because of the huge crowd already there. I took a chance to go out there on the 3rd day, to find that there were 30 seats. So put the 2 of us on standby list...to find out that the flight left with empty seats.
They had 4 pages of names of people who were confirmed on the flight !!! How did it happen ? Roll over from the previous 2 days ???
We had C class tickets, and were told : " 1 class service only"....while SQ had a Business class line for their premium pax under those very trying conditions. The TG contract agents to CX were just plain rude, uncaring and unhelpful. Got to HKG and CX refused to change the routing on our award tickets issued by AA...rebooked us on the next's day flight and we had to pay for our hotel and foods at CLK. Their airport personel were really the pits.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 3:38 am
JMR
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
Thanks for telling us this. Can you tell us what flight did you fly out from BKK on?
I will be leaving on Sunday, 7 Dec., and I am delighted to have the confirmed seat. Loads of stress gone!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:54 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Hilton Honors
That is why I fly Continental. They should peel that Reliability sticker off of NW planes and put it where it belongs -- on a Continental plane!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:36 am
JMR
Original Poster

Bump to add:

Departed BKK on NWA with no issue. Airport was clean, lines managable, and a timely departure.

No problems connecting in NRT, and an excellent - truly excellent - CO 8 from NRT to EWR.

Well done CO. This was to be my year of dropping out of loyalty programs and dumping all my miles. Now I'm thinking of doing some runs to preserve elite status.

You won me back!
Old Dec 8, 2008, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Im glad It all worked out for you
Great job COInsider ^
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:02 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
On the day before Thanksgiving, Sondra and I were headed to HKT thru BKK on NW. We managed to get to HKT (after 20 hours at Changi) on Silk Air then out again on Air Asia 4 days later. We were on Upgraded B tickets from NW (end of year mileage run). To its credit, NW got us seats on SQ from NRT to SIN (I saw the eticket and it listed >$2,500 for each of us (coach)). For the return, I could not contact NW and constantly got the "we are too busy, please hang up and call back". Evenutally I found a non-800 Number and got to an elite desk they resissued our return tickets out of SIN. But it was a struggle.

It makes me appreciate all the work the folks at CO do and confirms our choice of CO.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Big thumbs up, CO INSIDER!!!! AA2MM, I could understand not having top notch service from CX from the contract TG staff; but what you experienced in HKG is deplorable. I have to say I'm pretty shocked. I'll go and read your post for the full story. To all of you that were stuck in BKK, my sympathies. What a mess and glad you're back! I'm happy to hear that CO treated people the right way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.