Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR tonight (Thanksgiving eve) problems?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2008, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
EWR tonight (Thanksgiving eve) problems?

Continental 3319 EWR-CMH is scheduled to leave at 2045 but shows 0000 instead, which is evidently a mistake because there's no corresponding modification to the arrival time.

I called Continental; they had no idea what time it's going to depart.

Their website shows that the incoming plane (from Greensboro) is on time, sched 2020 arrival, but since it hasn't left GSO yet, who knows whether that means anything?

What's going on and how could I find out?

Perhaps others might like to post their EWR experiences here and help everyone out.

Many thanks!

Last edited by salut0; Nov 26, 2008 at 3:32 pm
Old Nov 26, 2008, 3:50 pm

FAA site reports: Due to WEATHER / WIND, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 46 minutes.

Weather is currently: METAR KEWR 262151Z 26011KT 10SM OVC055 07/M04 A2996 RMK AO2 SLP144 T00671039

11 knots of wind and they are in delay.....what a sorry excuse of an operation the FAA runs in NYC.

Your flight is booked full......it'll go. Happy Thanksgiving.

DRW
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:39 pm

Flight 3319 estimated to arrive CMH 19 minutes late.

74 more people home for the holidays.....
Old Nov 26, 2008, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by doobierw
74 more people home for the holidays.....
Or at their in-laws. You might've just upset some folks.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old Nov 27, 2008, 7:36 am

CAL's systemwide on-time performance for Sep 26th: 89.7% ^
Old Nov 27, 2008, 8:37 am

Programs: AA, UA and DL
Flew OMA-EWR-BDL yesterday afternoon, on time/early getting in and out of EWR, the pilot on the Colgan flight to BDL commented EWR was in "rare form.. we're only third in line". Not surprisingly it was pretty crowded in C.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 8:55 am

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by USFFjer
Flew OMA-EWR-BDL yesterday afternoon, on time/early getting in and out of EWR, the pilot on the Colgan flight to BDL commented EWR was in "rare form.. we're only third in line". Not surprisingly it was pretty crowded in C.
Every seat on those planes is 'C' (or more properly, 'J')...

yes, I know the original post was about a terminal, not business class seating.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: AA, UA and DL
Talking

Originally Posted by crnk
Every seat on those planes is 'C' (or more properly, 'J')...

yes, I know the original post was about a terminal, not business class seating.
Now if I said A was crowded (which I don't even know as we parked at A31- directly from plane to shuttle bus), I could kill the joke as it meaning the first class code

Last edited by USFFjer; Nov 27, 2008 at 11:03 am Reason: detail
Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Many thanks for the replies. I hope everyone else got to their destinations without too much trouble. Huge problems on the NJT from NY Penn station to EWR meant we just made it.

CO checkin did check us in, begrudingly, given the flight delay, and security was painless. But they did try to cadge an unwarranted $25 for bag check (wrong on two counts: CO MC holder, and ticket booked before the charge instituted...)

The crew were excellent on board, and gave us free drinks. CO's drinks (good selection of spirits) and typography, and plane cleanliness are much better than AA's, I must say. A pity about CO's mileage program... otherwise, I might consider switching, especially since they now have nonstops to LHR.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL GLD; AA GLD; CO GLD
Originally Posted by salut0
Many thanks for the replies. I hope everyone else got to their destinations without too much trouble. Huge problems on the NJT from NY Penn station to EWR meant we just made it.
Really? What were the problems with the train? I was originally scheduled to take a 7:15pm EWR-LAX flight, but decided to get out there early and ended up on the 8:25a flight instead. Good thing too, I guess--the 7a was right on time from NYP to EWR (good thing too--because by the time I changed my flight at the kiosk, I didn't have a whole lot of time to spare).
Old Nov 27, 2008, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by doobierw
FAA site reports: Due to WEATHER / WIND, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 46 minutes.

Weather is currently: METAR KEWR 262151Z 26011KT 10SM OVC055 07/M04 A2996 RMK AO2 SLP144 T00671039

11 knots of wind and they are in delay.....what a sorry excuse of an operation the FAA runs in NYC.

Your flight is booked full......it'll go. Happy Thanksgiving.

DRW
It's 11 knots and only 40 degrees off the 22 centerline. What gives? Is it the unavailability of 11/29 under those conditions?
Old Nov 27, 2008, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
I flew out of EWR to LAX yesterday and was surprised how empty terminal C appeared to be. I got the last flight of the day to LAX; I expected the place to be packed. There was lots of seating room at the Garden State Diner (or whatever it's called), a restaurant that is usually packed!
Old Nov 27, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by berkeleybum
Really? What were the problems with the train? I was originally scheduled to take a 7:15pm EWR-LAX flight, but decided to get out there early and ended up on the 8:25a flight instead. Good thing too, I guess--the 7a was right on time from NYP to EWR (good thing too--because by the time I changed my flight at the kiosk, I didn't have a whole lot of time to spare).

Amtrak/NJT were single tracking out of NYP last night around 5PM. Some delays climbed as high as 90 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.