Wiki Posts
Search

Change up: Best/Worst Cabin Crew

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by CO Platinum
Weird experiences: Well twice in the past I had male F/As flirting with me perhaps to check out my reaction if i was interested. Because I am straight I didnt flirt back and remained polite but the F/A would continue flirting (nothing gross or too strong, but still kind of akward).
I've seen that on other airlines too.....and the male passengers flirting with the female FAs that happens a lot and sometimes it goes overboard.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CO Platinum

Weird experiences: Well twice in the past I had male F/As flirting with me perhaps to check out my reaction if i was interested. Because I am straight I didnt flirt back and remained polite but the F/A would continue flirting (nothing gross or too strong, but still kind of akward).
Being straight is hardly a deterrent to this. It doesn't matter how straight my coworkers know that I am, I still get hit on left and right. I find it flattering, actually.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:30 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Worst:

It's a three-way tie! 1) G, the ridiculous CSD on my IAH-LGW flight last year who insisted Continental does not waitlist for BF, EVER! and 2) the 80 year old FA on a Southwest flight HOU-LAS who decided to sing Shirley Temple songs over the intercom and came on twice to ask "Who farted?" but I must admit the winner is probably 3) the FA on Southwest who placed a morbidly obese (had to be boarded early she was so large) pax in an exit row so she could have extra room on a HOU-MCO flight. When I questioned this I was told it was none of my business! I have not flown Southwest since.

Best:

Gotta be most of the Air France crews I've ever flown with. I have never had a bad AF crew, and have even had fantastic interactions with the ground staff every time.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
Being straight is hardly a deterrent to this. It doesn't matter how straight my coworkers know that I am, I still get hit on left and right. I find it flattering, actually.
I never do (hands head). One less thing I have to worry about, I guess.

My worst crew (from a passenger (and full fair, thank you) point of view) was on NW this summer. From PHX-MSP. Rude and indifferent. But, there will always be bad apples (the really sad thing is, that if this your only flight, that is the lasting impression you have of that (or any given) airline). It is why I make sure every flight I do the best I can (sounds corny, but I have only one chance to make a first impression).

As a flight attendant (customer service job), I go out of my way to be uber-polite to any service employee. They deserve repsect, no matter in what capacity they serve.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by belynch

Worst v2.0
Flying Air France, during take-off there was condensation dripping on my head from the vent. I figured once we leveled out it would stop so I didn't say anything. After about 10 minutes I realized that the water torture wasn't fixin to stop so I looked around and didn't see another seat available. The F/A was walking through the cabin and I discretely got her attention and mentioned that I'd probably need to find a new seat.

She looked at me up and down and said: "vell, vhat do you vant meeee to do avout eet. Ez not my pwablem."
Was the AF f/a in question from Germany, or did it happen to be Count Chocula?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by EWRCabincrew
It is why I make sure every flight I do the best I can (sounds corny, but I have only one chance to make a first impression).

As a flight attendant (customer service job), I go out of my way to be uber-polite to any service employee. They deserve repsect, no matter in what capacity they serve.
+1 to the 1st part!

To the 2nd part:
I believe we all act this way, trying to be super nice to ANY customer service people we run into. The only exception being the layover hotel staff. I have seen some F/A's get into it with front desk people. I personally try to be as nice as I can to them, and sometimes get presently surprised. I have actually been upgraded to suites, given free breakfast, and had room service charges taken off. Kindness goes so much farther than being an *ss. Maybe someday everyone will get that! ^
Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
I'd have to say the best was a flight in BF on CO from FCO-EWR. Jorge, the ISC, was quite taken with my partner, and told us his job was to make sure that our flight was memorable and he was there to take care of everything.

I'm sure there were a few people in BF who didn't get the attention they deserved, but we certainly didn't lack for anything on that flight. It was truly customer-focused service!!

Worst: COEX operated by Chautauqua. Uggghh... Where do I begin. There was Clark Kent - who went on and on and ON about the seat back pockets, blah, blah, blah, and was militant about that. He really was intolerable.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Worst - UA prop from LGA - BOS. We were delayed for 3 hours because of extreme weather up and down the eastern seaboard (it was April). The flight was SO exceptionally turbulent, that everyone was completely silent, and were saying their prayers. It was like being in a paper airplane in a hurricane. When we landed, everyone, and I truly mean EVERYONE, got off, and promptly puked on the tarmac (it was oddly bonding - someone even held my hair back, which was sweet - lol). The FA, 25 years with UA, said it was the worst flight of her life. A former Navy pilot turned UA pilot was aboard, and also supported her assertion. We truly had no business flying that night.

Other worse flight - every one on US the past year and a half (still swallowing my bitter pill on this).

Best - Probably AA - LAX - BOS when I sat next to Matt Damon and flirted my a** off. Yeah, the cheese board was lovely, the pineapple bread fresh, the service wonderful, but it was Matt Damon. In his prime, and single years. And so was I...

Also, AA used to flag certain passengers out of LAX, and they were greeted and attended to at the gate or onboard by special services. For some reason, I used to get this constantly. There was a great gal in LAX, can't remember her name, who was always so hospitable. I miss that touch, as I really did feel special.

And AA FA's in F always seem to like to toss me a bottle of something something before deplaning. Does CO do this a lot, too?

BUT, I hope my next BEST flight will be on CO!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by EWRCabincrew
(the really sad thing is, that if this your only flight, that is the lasting impression you have of that (or any given) airline). It is why I make sure every flight I do the best I can (sounds corny, but I have only one chance to make a first impression).
And it is so incredibly true. I haven't flown AI sine 1987 and doubt I ever will again because of how bad the AC/FA/everything was. My first flight on AF, in 2004, was also my last.

I know that there are exceptions and that time change and that CO would have been rough many moons ago, but everytime I see those logos, a shudder runs down my spine.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by DesertFlier
And AA FA's in F always seem to like to toss me a bottle of something something before deplaning. Does CO do this a lot, too?

BUT, I hope my next BEST flight will be on CO!
I have seen bottles given out to passengers, mostly when they comment on how much they like a particular one. I think it goes above and beyond to show our gratitude for choosing to fly with us.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Best Crew:
I've had so many but I'll name a few:
UA OMA-DEN F FA noticed my best friend was more than a bit of a nervous flyer and gave her the best talk. It didn't cure her, but sure helped it her alot! And she gave great service to the rest of us (we took up over half of F)

CO MCO-IAH and same crew a couple of days later IAH-LAX - outstanding crew and we had the pleasure of flying with them on Thanksgiving. All I can say is they were amazing!

CO LGA-IAH - 2 great FAs and I've had the same FA a couple of other times. He is witty and gives amazing service. He is truly the best of the best.

UA HKG-SGN -first of the best safety demo - I actually paid attention! And hilarious to boot! The crew was great, attentive, overall perfect, despite a very late start and bad turbulence

VS BOS-LHR - Fabulous FA or it may have been all the champers he served me but he was truly amazing. There was more to the crew than him, but he gave perfect personalized service

Every CX flight I've been on

Worst crew:
I try to forget these but one of the worst
UA SEA-LAX
Had a glass of wine prior to take off. The FA also took orders for inflight. I said I'd have another glass of wine and water. I fell asleep; woke up and asked for my beverages. She said " YOU WANT ANOTHER GLASS OF WINE?" so the entire cabin could hear and I said politely "I never received my glass". She rolled her eyes and brought it back. I thanked her and she turned on her heels. This was after I had switched from UA to CO (after several years of being a 1K) and I was in paid F. I was never so happy to come back to a CO flight that a couple of days later!!!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Non-TypiCAL F/A
I have seen bottles given out to passengers, mostly when they comment on how much they like a particular one. I think it goes above and beyond to show our gratitude for choosing to fly with us.

I've been given a few bottles over the years; there is one bottle in particular that meant the world to me. It was wrapped in a napkin that was signed by all the FAs. The bottle was drunk long ago; but the napkin is in my office and I treasure what is written on it.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat National Executive Amtrak Select Plus
Flew EWR-SAT in F. About 30ppl on the 733, the FA must have memorized the pax list because she greeted not only every passenger in F by name, but the ones in Y too as they seated... Then she said good by by name to everyone as they left the flight. She worked the F cabin and was most attentive, as you might imagine.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by baglady
I've been given a few bottles over the years; there is one bottle in particular that meant the world to me. It was wrapped in a napkin that was signed by all the FAs. The bottle was drunk long ago; but the napkin is in my office and I treasure what is written on it.
The way I have seen it done (and this shows you how resourceful F/A's can be):

Take the bottle and put it in a new coach pillow case (we have these on the plane in our Inflight Kit). You then take the the pull strap from the linen bags (think plastic ribbon) and tie a bow around the neck of the bottle holding the pillow case on. Then you write a note on the coat hanger tags and put that around the neck of the bottle.

It may sound a little ghetto, but it really does look cute!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Best: UA C, NRT-JFK. Traveling with wife and kids. FA noticed my then 6 year old lost a tooth. Took a collection among all the FAs, and slipped the $20 under his pillow when he was sleeping. Melted my wife's (and my) heart.

Worst: CO F: EWR-SJC. Wretched service by a terrible FA who barked out orders at all the FAs. The head lady (don't know what CO calls them) was even astonished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.