Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Airlines Chase Credit/Debit Cardholders Exempt from 1st bag fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat,Priority Club Plat

Effective Date October 27,2008

Continental Onepass customers who are primary cardholders of a Continental Airlines Chase Credit or Debit Card are exempt from paying the 1st bag fee. Also customers traveling in the same PNR with a Continental Airlines Chase/Debit cardholder are exempt. Does not apply to group Reservations of 10 or more...

Some good news...
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Interesting that they are expanding this from just the Pres. Plus cards to all cardholders. Nice touch, and an actual tangible benefit to the card.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Originally Posted by sbm12
Interesting that they are expanding this from just the Pres. Plus cards to all cardholders. Nice touch, and an actual tangible benefit to the card.
agreed ^

I wonder how many card holders are elite anyway? This might just be window dressing on a pig
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:58 am

.....and how do the CO agents know if you are the primary card holder??
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
If your name is on the card - you're the cardholder. I would think that's sufficient.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: PWP Direktor of Homeland, CO Plat* 1MM,UA 1K,BD Gold,DL Gold,SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I believe there is some reporting back from Chase to CO as well. If you're a PresPlus card holder, it shows up on the manifest as such. So there is definitely some info that is making into passenger profiles from Chase.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 12:32 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
does it say if the PNR gets split for UG purposes the non-primary cardholder pax originally on the PNR will retain the no-fee status as is done for elites and non-elites?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Do you have to buy your ticket with the card, or just have the card?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: CO Silver, Miles and More Silver
Originally Posted by channa
good question. And if you just have to buy the ticket w/ your card for the free bag. What about if you buy the ticket for someone else using your CO card?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:53 pm

Is there a link somewhere confirming this news?
Old Oct 22, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by burghboys

Continental Onepass customers who are primary cardholders of a Continental Airlines Chase Credit or Debit Card are exempt from paying the 1st bag fee. Also customers traveling in the same PNR with a Continental Airlines Chase/Debit cardholder are exempt. Does not apply to group Reservations of 10 or more...

Some good news...
Can we get a source on this?? I fly this Friday (before 10/27) and may be able to finesse my way out of a $15 fee from my wife wanting to check a bag.

Last edited by G2244; Oct 22, 2008 at 2:27 pm
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
That's the most important question. I have the free card after canceling the World MC after the first year. I don't use it for anything, including purchasing on CO, as it only earns 0.5 mile/dollar spent.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:34 pm

Programs: CO NonRev Platinum Elite
This was posted on our res site.

Effective October 27, 2008, Continental will be adding a new exemption to the 1st bag policy. Continental OnePass customers who are primary cardholders of a Chase Continental Credit or Debit Card will be exempt from paying the 1st bag fee. This includes all customers traveling in the same PNR (does not apply to group PNR’s of 10 or more). There is no requirement that the branded card be used for ticket purchase or any service fees, only that the name on the card match the name of the traveler and the card is not expired.

Customers checking in at the Kiosk will automatically be recognized as a primary co-branded Chase/Continental cardholder and will be exempt from the 1st bag fee as long as their OnePass number is in the record.

Customers checking in with an agent at the airport and who are primary co-branded Chase/Continental cardholders will need to show their card in order to be exempt. Note: Non primary card holders are eligible for the exemption by showing their co-branded Chase/Continental card with his/her name to an airport agent.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:01 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by burghboys

Some good news...
Originally Posted by Madack
This was posted on our res site.

Effective October 27, 2008, Continental will be adding a new exemption to the 1st bag policy. Continental OnePass customers who are primary cardholders of a Chase Continental Credit or Debit Card will be exempt from paying the 1st bag fee. This includes all customers traveling in the same PNR (does not apply to group PNR’s of 10 or more). There is no requirement that the branded card be used for ticket purchase or any service fees, only that the name on the card match the name of the traveler and the card is not expired.

Customers checking in at the Kiosk will automatically be recognized as a primary co-branded Chase/Continental cardholder and will be exempt from the 1st bag fee as long as their OnePass number is in the record.

Customers checking in with an agent at the airport and who are primary co-branded Chase/Continental cardholders will need to show their card in order to be exempt. Note: Non primary card holders are eligible for the exemption by showing their co-branded Chase/Continental card with his/her name to an airport agent.
Hi burghboys and Madack, as a polite reminder, the information shared in our internal bulletins is not to be posted publicly. As I've mentioned before, any official representation of our company in a public forum, unless otherwise authorized, is a big no no.

Hi channa, this exemption will apply to all Continental Chase cardmembers, regardless of whether they bought the ticket with their card.

Originally Posted by COFan
What about if you buy the ticket for someone else using your CO card?
Hi COFan, the short answer is no. The exemption for Continental Chase cardmembers will only apply to the cardmember and anyone traveling in the same reservation as the cardmember (we'll be triggering off of the OnePass number, not the credit card number in the reservation). Worth noting, additional cardmembers will also be eligible, but their exemption may not be applied automatically (in these cases, simply show your card to the agent and we'll exempt you manually).

Originally Posted by Section 107
does it say if the PNR gets split for UG purposes the non-primary cardholder pax originally on the PNR will retain the no-fee status as is done for elites and non-elites?
Hi Section 107, these exemptions won't be handled automatically, but may be requested when applicable.

Originally Posted by G2244
Can we get a source on this?? I fly this Friday (before 10/27) and may be able to finesse my way out of a $15 fee from my wife wanting to check a bag.
Hi G2244, the effective date of this offer will actually be Tue. Oct. 28, not the 27th (our internal communication was off by a day and will be updated). Any travel before Oct. 28 will not be eligible for this exemption.

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Is there a link somewhere confirming this news?
No, TAHKUCT. Not until next week. Shhhhh.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
CO Employees, we enjoy you being here, don't get in trouble, let CO Insider post some of the good news an pile on afterwards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.