Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Airlines Chase Credit/Debit Cardholders Exempt from 1st bag fee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Airlines Chase Credit/Debit Cardholders Exempt from 1st bag fee

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:16 am

Programs: Too many!
Originally Posted by dchoe
i currently have a chase checking account, if i change my debt card to the continental one, would it be in the system immediately? i have a flight on sat and need to check a bag.
It will not be tied to your reservation. If you present the card assuming it's Chase branded CO debit or credit, your first bag fee will be waived. The card must be present as reservations aren't tied to your Chase accounts.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: DM, AA, UA,HH,Priority, Amtrak, Starwwod, BA, Marriott
Greetings: Maybe with this note I'll stop having FlyerTalk nag me into writing. One can always hope( Yes, we can!) Anyway, I think this is a great policy as someone that had begun to move my infrequent travel to Continental and then subsequently away from it because of their 1st bag fee, I'm very pleased to see this policy change. Thank you, Contintental!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Do you think this applies if you are a cardholder, but are crediting the flight miles to a partner airline? Obviously it wouldn't be automatic, but if you present the card at check in should the fee be waived?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:24 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by srodr
Do you think this applies if you are a cardholder, but are crediting the flight miles to a partner airline? Obviously it wouldn't be automatic, but if you present the card at check in should the fee be waived?
Hi srodr, if the OnePass number that corresponds to your Continental Chase account isn't in your reservation, the simply present your Continental Chase card to us at the airport when you're checking your bags. In these cases, we'll manually exempt the fee.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: Flying Nut
A friend and I will be leaving out of LAS in the morning. I have two CO credit cards and I am PLat. Elite. She is flying to CLE and I to IAH. I purchased my ticket she had a company purchase hers.

I was wondering if any one has had similiar circumstances and been able to get the bag fees waived for a friend?
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Scott6067
A friend and I will be leaving out of LAS in the morning. I have two CO credit cards and I am PLat. Elite. She is flying to CLE and I to IAH. I purchased my ticket she had a company purchase hers.

I was wondering if any one has had similiar circumstances and been able to get the bag fees waived for a friend?
"Customers traveling with the primary cardmember will also get their applicable baggage fees waived if they are listed in the same reservation and check in at the same time. This exemption will not apply to group reservations including 10 or more customers. "

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...ckbag.aspx#q22

Unfortunately she is not eligible to have her baggage fee waived.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by Madack
Note: Non primary card holders are eligible for the exemption by showing their co-branded Chase/Continental card with his/her name to an airport agent.
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Worth noting, additional cardmembers will also be eligible, but their exemption may not be applied automatically (in these cases, simply show your card to the agent and we'll exempt you manually).
Quick question about this. My wife is the secondary on our PPC (no spouse rider attached) and is non-Elite, and is travelling on her own today. I was under the impression from the above that CO would waive her checked bag fees as well upon presentation of the PPC with her name on it.

However, when she checked in this morning, she was informed that as the non-primary, she was not eligible. Did I interpret the quotes wrong or was there a change in policy/courtesy is simply expired?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nbs2
Quick question about this. My wife is the secondary on our PPC (no spouse rider attached) and is non-Elite, and is travelling on her own today. I was under the impression from the above that CO would waive her checked bag fees as well upon presentation of the PPC with her name on it.

However, when she checked in this morning, she was informed that as the non-primary, she was not eligible. Did I interpret the quotes wrong or was there a change in policy/courtesy is simply expired?
Sounds like she got hosed. I wonder what the GG code is for this specific benefit so that we can be better armed to deal with the agents in such a situation. I'd suggest calling WeCare2 but not actually expecting anything to come from it.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Sounds like she got hosed. I wonder what the GG code is for this specific benefit so that we can be better armed to deal with the agents in such a situation. I'd suggest calling WeCare2 but not actually expecting anything to come from it.
I figured as much. I'm pretty sure I already know what the response will be - we can't do anything and you will have to dispute the charge with your CC company. It really is irritating - I've had to file twice already in the last six months to get things cleared up, but neither has come down to the Chase approving or denying stage. And this time I have a bone to pick with National as well.

Oh well, at least I found this month's CO mag feature article interesting enough to take a copy with me.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 6:19 pm

I also have a similar question as nbs2.

My wife's parents are traveling tomorrow and her father is an additional cardmember on my Chase World MC. However, he does not have his card yet. Has been lost in a mail probably . I understand that his card needs to be presented upon check-in for the baggage fee to be waved, but is there any way we can get it waved retroactively?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 3:05 am

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Authorized Users?

I just got this card and have some questions. Maybe COinsider can help out. The PR says "primary", but others have said if you just have the card and present it at the desk it will work. What is the official answer? Has anyone got their first bag free as an authorized user on the card?

I was hoping for a more exciting first post, but hey, I'll set the bar low.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 3:13 pm

any sites that offer Cash Back for chase credit card application??

I'm applying for the card and would also appreciate any links for better than the standard offers on continental's site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.