Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not appearing on Upgrade Standby list

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Not appearing on Upgrade Standby list

I am due to fly tomorrow afternoon to HOU. I am currently OnePass Gold there is no one on the stand by upgrade list and I am not appearing on it and have not been upgraded. Called the Elite Desk and was told it may take up to a hour for the list to update. I waited checked the site again I am still not on it. What gives? Called back and the lady says i am on the list. But I don't believe them. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

David
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Welcome to FT!
I assume you have already checked-in for your flight, correct?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 7:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
The list on the PDA site only shows people who checked in for the flight. You may be on the EUA list, but until you check in for the segment, your name will not show up on the upgrade standby list.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Already checked in. Not sure why I am not appearing on the list.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:52 pm

Programs: CO Gold
FWIW I recently saw this very same behavior with a reservation, it didn't really matter because F was totally sold out and checked-in in full but still ........name didnt show on the standby list
Old Sep 23, 2008, 12:12 am

Ugh. I'm having the same problem (which is what led to my call to continental.com support yesterday that got me yelled at by the CSR!). I checked in for flight, I'm on the upgrade standby list. Husband is checked in for flight, husband is not on list. The phone agent insists that he is and further said that the list you could see online only showed two or three people (which is patently false - I've seen lists with 30 people!) and that the order of the list online was also wrong...It has me as #1, she says I'm #2 and husband (who, after I waited about 14 hours and I still don't see on the online list) is #3. I'm worried because we actually have a shot of both getting the upgrade and I don't know how to fix it!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 6:04 am

Just to double check one simple thing... Log out of your web browser, or check with a different web browser, just to make sure the pda page you are viewing isn't cached.

It's amazing to me how many CSRs I've spoken to have not seen the pda site, or even know it exists, let alone what a passenger can view on it. Also, most of them can't look at it from their work computer. Possibly a supervisor/manager might be able to look at it from their computer. But, I wonder how many of them even know about it?
Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:40 am

Programs: CO Plat, Priority Club Plat
I've had this problem, and it is how the computer processes, which is only nightly, so if you JUST booked a ticket, and midnight hasn't passed yet, you will have to wait till after midnight, then it shows up just fine...

Called in on this issue myself
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
I had an issue Monday when I decided to try once again and give CO some business. I checked in, and did not show up on the pda list. It was showing 13/16, with 32 on the list. I called CO sunday, and was told that they dont publish the list, and I was basically lying!?!?!

Monday, I asked at the gate (BIG mistake in EWR!!!) and told that no list was published, but I would be on the list when she was done punching buttons!

Sure enough, I was #2 of now 38. Funny part, but somehow 30 min prior to departure, flight went 14/16, with 37 on the list and me still #2!!!

Late departure, and about 20 min before boarding I see my name is now on the cleared list! I wait until 3 min or so before boarding and approach the desk, and ask for my new bp. GA says "we dont have any empty seats, only middles, what are you looking for?"

I reply that I was u/g'ed and would like my new bp.

GA reply "I didnt do u/g's"

I show her my pda, and she huffs and hands over my bp.

Here is the TOTALLY wierd part...the g/a was chatting (FLIRTING) with someone (friend?) at the counter. This was going on for about 45 min that I saw. MY new BP had my "OLD" seat assignment written on it in PENCIL (14A)!

I am just wondering if she wasnt going to give my seat to her "friend", and catch my bp and manually type 4F (seat I was u/g'ed to) to her "friend"????

So...the pda may have REALLY paid off! (no longer will I wonder why people have said "my flight posted as X, but I fly my Y seat!!!")
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
. I called CO sunday, and was told that they dont publish the list, and I was basically lying!?!?!

Monday, I asked at the gate (BIG mistake in EWR!!!) and told that no list was published, but I would be on the list when she was done punching buttons!

Sure enough, I was #2 of now 38. Funny part, but somehow 30 min prior to departure, flight went 14/16, with 37 on the list and me still #2!!!

Late departure, and about 20 min before boarding I see my name is now on the cleared list! I wait until 3 min or so before boarding and approach the desk, and ask for my new bp. GA says "we dont have any empty seats, only middles, what are you looking for?"

oh , information! the great equalizer
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:03 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by PDXDave
I am due to fly tomorrow afternoon to HOU. I am currently OnePass Gold there is no one on the stand by upgrade list and I am not appearing on it and have not been upgraded. Called the Elite Desk and was told it may take up to a hour for the list to update. I waited checked the site again I am still not on it. What gives? Called back and the lady says i am on the list. But I don't believe them. Any Ideas?
I had an issue Monday when I decided to try once again and give CO some business. I checked in, and did not show up on the pda list.
Hi PDXDave and PhillyPhlyer40. We're looking into both of your examples to see why you weren't automatically added to the upgrade standby list upon check-in. As for you, PDXDave, we've gone ahead and added you to the upgrade standby list for both of your flights today.

As usual, we're committed to ensuring that our upgrade processes work without a hitch. When there is a hitch, however, our pda.continental.com/info tool is a great catch net.

As I've stated in the past, the only way to be manually added to the airport upgrade standby list is at the airport - not over the phone. Our Elite Upgrade Automation (EUA), which handles all advance upgrades will continue processing Elite upgrades in priority order up to three hours before departure regardless of whether you've been added to the airport upgrade standby list. The only place the airport upgrade standby list comes into play is at the airport just before departure.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, and some others

I had a similar thing happen on 7/26 Flight 1823 from SEA to IAH. I had not yet been upgraded on this segment. I asked the the GA, who stated first was full and no way would I get it (even though on the PDA site there were still maybe 5 seats available and I was #2 on the list). They started boarding and I was getting worried but finally I showed as upgraded on the PDA site so I walked up and asked the GA again. They again said "no, we didn't call you." I then told them I had gotten notification and held up my blackberry. They grudgingly printed off my new boarding pass then.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Why are they getting soo pissed off when they upgrade a customer? I had this happen Saturday morning. I do not understand. I was not a pain in the A$$ just hanging around the desk. I was away from the crowd, far away, checking emails and checking the pda site occasionally. I noticed I was upgraded, asked for a new bp and was yelled at. They told me they did not upgrade anyone and the flight is full. I told them I need a new boarding pass because I had been upgraded. She said, no, just board and take your seat. At that point, I was just going to board and take my upgraded seat, which the pda site showed as 1A. Another agent heard this nonsense and asked what my name was. I told her and she handed me a new bp. Therefore, if this one agent just listened to me, or just checked, she would avoided making an A$$ out of herself. 5:15 in the morning is not the time to fire me up. I really wanted to just tell the agent where she could go, but I let it go.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:33 am

not that anyone should be worrying about/ going on tangents about this situation

but perhaps its wiser to just use the 'I lost my boarding pass, could you print one for me please'
Old Sep 23, 2008, 10:42 am

Had this issue in the past. Sometimes removing your OP number, re-adding it, and then going through the check-in process again (even though you are already checked-in) works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.