Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Feedback Received: 500-Mile Minimum Restored for Elite Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback Received: 500-Mile Minimum Restored for Elite Members

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:09 am
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdm1130
Now, how about giving Plats their 25% bonus back...
To be candid, sdm1130, I wouldn't hold your breath. Every loyalty program is different, I know, but even at our new 100%/100%/25% bonus structure for Elites we're still very competitive with other U.S.-based carriers (the ones who still offer bonus miles). I don't see this changing.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Hey at least some of us can get a few bonus miles out of all those SAAB and RJ segments again!
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CO Insider
To be candid, sdm1130, I wouldn't hold your breath. Every loyalty program is different, I know, but even at our new 100%/100%/25% bonus structure for Elites we're still very competitive with other U.S.-based carriers (the ones who still offer bonus miles). I don't see this changing.
Ok how about rolling back the increase in Miles to TLV? Amazing it will cost alot more then going to PEK,HKG or NRT even thou its a much shorter flight
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:17 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Originally Posted by craz
Ok how about rolling back the increase in Miles to TLV? Amazing it will cost alot more then going to PEK,HKG or NRT even thou its a much shorter flight
While I too would like to see 25% bonus restored, I am going to reserve final judgment until I see the finalized "industry standardized" reward chart.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:30 am

many thanks...

nice to see nothing is "set in stone"

thanks for listening
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair enough - thank you for your honesty.

Something tells me that 100k for Plat is going to be next...
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:35 am

This is great news.

Sad to see the bonuses didn't come back, but at least 500-mi minimums came back.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
^ Thanks for listening. Sorry to hear we won't be getting the 125 bonus back, but to happy to hear about this!
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Even though I almost never fly a <500 mile segment this has me keen to make the one extra run I need to hit Silver for next year, just in case.

Thanks for listening and responding. ^^
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat

With SWUs?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:45 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum

I concur.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:47 am

Just received an e-mail from Mark Bergsrud at CO to this effect. Thanks, Scott.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold
Hi Everyone, earlier this month we announced our 2009 OnePass changes, and suffice to say after the hundreds of posts and messages received here at headquarters, it was clear that the elimination of the 500-mile minimum was the most impactful to many of you. Especially those of you who are Elite members.

We hear you.

Today, I’m happy to report we are changing this policy for our Elite members. Specifically, our Elite members will continue to earn the 500-mile minimum for both base miles and Elite qualification miles (EQMs) for flights operated by Continental and our partners. The only exception will be Amtrak, whose minimum earnings will continue to be the same as they are today. We'll be updating continental.com with this information a little later this week.

The policy as originally announced on Sep. 5, will only apply to customers who are not Elite members. These members will earn actual miles on flights operated by Continental and most OnePass partners for tickets booked on or after Nov. 15, 2008 for travel on or after Jan. 1, 2009. In these cases, the 500-mile minimum will still apply to flights operated by Copa Airlines, Aero República, Hawaiian Air, Island Air, U.S. Helicopter and SNCF Rail. Amtrak minimum earnings will remain the same as well.

As always, thanks for your feedback. It really does make a difference.
I LOVE you. Where do I send the champagne?
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
very nice, and very smart. ^

(now i'll just hold my breath and see if united matches )
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:51 am

I have a sneaking suspicion this was part of the plan from the beginning. The team in charge of the recent changes to increase revenue were looking at their plan. Someone said, "boy, this is going to make people mad. They are going to just start using the cheapest carrier, rather than be loyal to maintain their elite levels. We're going to have to do something to make them like us again." Then someone else said, "you know that part we scrapped, the one about getting rid of the 500 mile minimum? Let's put that back on, then we can give it back in a couple weeks. We'll look like heroes! (Even though we're still charging for first bags and made Platinum irrelevant by equating their bonuses with Golds.)"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.