CO Operations to Resume Monday

Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Plat
CO Operations to IAH Resume Monday

Hello All,

I am awaiting for the offical bullitain but word from the IAH - Hub VP is that operations Sunday from IAH are cancelled. If you have a flight tomorrow through IAH you have probably noticed that it has been cancelled already. Once again giving my flyertalk friends a heads up normal operations at IAH will resume on Monday September 15th.. If for some reason this changes I will update this thread due to some flight are showing operating but it does that a little time to cancel all of them in the system.

Thanks and be safe..

Last edited by coairtul; Sep 13, 2008 at 6:33 pm Reason: Title to include IAH
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The PR is out:

Continental Airlines Suspends Houston Flights Sunday; Change Flights at continental.com for no Fee

- Regional airline service at Houston also suspended

- continental.com provides latest flight information and operations
summary

- Newark and Cleveland hubs continue normal operations

HOUSTON, Sept. 13 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) has suspended operations at its Houston hub at Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) through Sunday, Sept. 14, due to the condition of airport facilities and related infrastructure in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. Continental Express and Continental Connection flights are also suspended through Sunday.

The airline is working closely with the Houston Airport System, as well as with city and county officials to reactivate the airport.

Continental currently plans to begin flights at the hub Monday morning, Sept. 15. Employees from other domestic locations are positioned to fly into Houston to assist their co-workers in restarting operations at IAH.

Change Flights Fast at continental.com

Travelers with itineraries to, from or through the Houston hub may postpone or reroute their trip without penalty to avoid possible inconvenience.

Customers booked on flights in the affected region are permitted a one- time date or time change to their itinerary without penalty for rescheduled travel. If a flight has been canceled, a refund in the original form of payment may be requested. Complete details are available at continental.com.

The fastest and most convenient way to change travel plans is via continental.com. Customers should enter their confirmation number and last name in "Manage Reservations." Customers may also call Continental Airlines reservations at 800-525-0280 or their travel agent.

continental.com provides an overview of Continental operations as well as up-to-date information regarding the status of specific flights. Automated flight status information is also available at 800-784-4444.

SOURCE Continental Airlines
-0- 09/13/2008
/CONTACT: Corporate Communications, [email protected]/
/Web site: http://www.continental.com
http://www.continental.com/company/news /
(CAL)

CO: Continental Airlines
ST: Texas
IN: AIR ENV
SU: PSF

MJ-JR
-- CLSA908 --
9035 09/13/2008 19:50 EDT http://www.prnewswire.com
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Co.com is also showing, "Operations at Houston Intercontinental Airport (IAH) will be suspended from approximately 12:00 Noon on Fri., Sept. 12 through 2:00 p.m. Sun., Sept. 14."
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:19 pm

COAIRTUL could you PLEASE try to find out any info possible on the IAH employee parking? The company has people working out there being shoved around left and right who don't even know if we have vehicles or homes to come home to.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
COAIRTUL could you PLEASE try to find out any info possible on the IAH employee parking? The company has people working out there being shoved around left and right who don't even know if we have vehicles or homes to come home to.
Tell you what I will try to call the guard house and ask for the status of the lot and post it here. I parked in the terminal but I have been notified by the airport that Will Clayton is flooded and JFK is also flooded in some spots, the terminal Road also closer to the airport by terminal E is also flooded.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by coairtul
Tell you what I will try to call the guard house and ask for the status of the lot and post it here. I parked in the terminal but I have been notified by the airport that Will Clayton is flooded and JFK is also flooded in some spots, the terminal Road also closer to the airport by terminal E is also flooded.
Thank you so much. I know that it isn't your job, but just knowing that you are at IAH and that you may be able to talk to someone... all of us stranded at different outstations have no idea what's going on and it's nerve-racking! Thank you so much for your continued updates, it is so appreciated...

LS
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:39 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
If IAH's going to be closed on Sunday and repoened on Monday...

...will the red-eye bank that leaves on Sunday night for an early AM arrival into IAH run?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LukeSkywaiter
Thank you so much. I know that it isn't your job, but just knowing that you are at IAH and that you may be able to talk to someone... all of us stranded at different outstations have no idea what's going on and it's nerve-racking! Thank you so much for your continued updates, it is so appreciated...

LS
Regarding the lot there seems to be no information. I called bus company and they have not been on the lot in 2 days since they are down to only 2 personell. I tried to get the number to the guard shack and there was no answer. The bus company told me that they do not think anyone is there.. Sorry for no information. I will pm you if I get any info..
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by J.Edward
...will the red-eye bank that leaves on Sunday night for an early AM arrival into IAH run?
Hey J,

I am showing that most are running but I will only be sure when they are done cancelling the flights. As another note power was just restored along with water in Terminal C.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by coairtul
Regarding the lot there seems to be no information. I called bus company and they have not been on the lot in 2 days since they are down to only 2 personell. I tried to get the number to the guard shack and there was no answer. The bus company told me that they do not think anyone is there.. Sorry for no information. I will pm you if I get any info..
Thank you very much.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:23 pm

Skywaiter,

My car was parked in the employee lot during TS Alison, and it was fine. I don't remember any cars being flooded in that event, and it was a far worse flooding situation.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by CALflyboi
Skywaiter,

My car was parked in the employee lot during TS Alison, and it was fine. I don't remember any cars being flooded in that event, and it was a far worse flooding situation.
Thank you for the encouragement !
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:22 am

Stranded........in Honolulu......
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by doobierw
Stranded........in Honolulu......
Youve been around here long enough to know you were suppose to Rant about CO Stranding you and ask what we feel you should be Demanding in Compensation.

Couldnt ask for a better place to wait it out^
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by craz
Youve been around here long enough to know you were suppose to Rant about CO Stranding you and ask what we feel you should be Demanding in Compensation.

Couldnt ask for a better place to wait it out^
Priceless! My heart goes out to you doobierw!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.