Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hurricane Ike CO/IAH Ops Doom and Gloom Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by coairtul
@:-) Ok Guys this is not offical from the Bunker but CO will not resume operations on Sunday REPEAT operations will RESUME on MONDAY not SUNDAY.

Terminal C is still without power and water, Will Clayton is Flooded and JFK is partially flooded. Skeleton staff is still here in the airport and CO has reserve staff system wide ready to fly into IAH. Terminal E has power, water and A/C. (I am so happy for this) and terminal B has power and slight water pressure. Parking garages are pitch black and TSA is sleeping, (Or was this morning) in the underground train area.

Also no Lie the Customs area in Terminal E looks like a late. (North Side) The whole arrivals area right before you get to the booths is nothing but water and its leaking down to the carousels below..
Does this mean that the marginal regional flights will likely return to schedule Tuesday? I'm scheduled to fly from CME-IAH-BOS on Sunday but was already rescheduled for Monday. I am wondering if I should take an AeroMexico flight over to MEX and take CO from there via EWR back to BOS.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold,Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by jjgollum
Does this mean that the marginal regional flights will likely return to schedule Tuesday? I'm scheduled to fly from CME-IAH-BOS on Sunday but was already rescheduled for Monday. I am wondering if I should take an AeroMexico flight over to MEX and take CO from there via EWR back to BOS.
Well honestly that is out of my rhelm of information I am sure that the system will hiccup for a couple of days after the start up on Monday. I am sure that we will still have cancellations etc. for a couple of days to resynch the system. The customs area is flooded but is in the process of being cleaned so I do not think that will be a hinderance.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jjgollum
If you have an option that will let you avoid IAH I would take it.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 7:59 pm

Thanks sbm12 and coairtul, it's helpful to hear other's expectations as I weigh what I should do.

I ended up buying a ticket from CME-MEX and CO rebooked me on MEX-EWR-BOS. For some reason the system was not letting the agent over the phone book the CME-MEX flight. I guess I'll eat the 150 bucks.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT; CO Gold
I'm taking (or supposed to take) CO 72 from HNL to IAH tomorrow (Sunday 9/14) evening, getting into IAH mid-morning on Monday 9/15. I haven't been able to get through to CO all day (BTW, if anyone could PM me the Silver Elite number, I'd be grateful to see if I have any better luck getting through to that line).

Flight status currently shows that the flight has not been cancelled, but I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not that's accurate so I can book another night at our hotel if need be without getting stuck for an evening on Oahu. Does anyone have any thoughts or insight? I appreciate it.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, *A Plat
@:-) Ok Guys this is not offical from the Bunker but CO will not resume operations on Sunday REPEAT operations will RESUME on MONDAY not SUNDAY.
My 9/14 5:50 p.m. departure IAH-EWR is still showing on schedule.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by primedude
I'm taking (or supposed to take) CO 72 from HNL to IAH tomorrow (Sunday 9/14) evening, getting into IAH mid-morning on Monday 9/15. I haven't been able to get through to CO all day (BTW, if anyone could PM me the Silver Elite number, I'd be grateful to see if I have any better luck getting through to that line).

Flight status currently shows that the flight has not been cancelled, but I'm trying to get a sense of whether or not that's accurate so I can book another night at our hotel if need be without getting stuck for an evening on Oahu. Does anyone have any thoughts or insight? I appreciate it.
Do me a favor and keep watching that flight the earlier flight 2 has been cancelled and when I pull up your flight 72 information it says that all flight into and out of IAH on the 14th have been cancelled and are currently being processed.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by HedgeFundFlyer
My 9/14 5:50 p.m. departure IAH-EWR is still showing on schedule.

It will be cancelled our system just has not gotten to it yet. It says the same thing as the HNL guys flight, that the cancellations are being processed. Whats funny is as of right now your flight is the only one that is operating (Or has not been cancelled yet) to EWR on Sunday.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:20 pm

Advice needed ALB-IAH-LBB-IAH-BNA-ALB

Deleted

Last edited by dougbroda; Sep 13, 2008 at 8:31 pm
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM, *A Plat
It will be cancelled our system just has not gotten to it yet. It says the same thing as the HNL guys flight, that the cancellations are being processed. Whats funny is as of right now your flight is the only one that is operating (Or has not been cancelled yet) to EWR on Sunday.
I was hoping I was just lucky. Many thanks for all your postings and info , coairtul!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT; CO Gold
Do me a favor and keep watching that flight the earlier flight 2 has been cancelled and when I pull up your flight 72 information it says that all flight into and out of IAH on the 14th have been cancelled and are currently being processed.
Yeah, I noticed 2 had been cancelled and figured that did not bode well for 72. I'm gonna go ahead and try to get booked on the 9/15 flight. Thanks for the help!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:33 pm

coairtul thanks for the awesome info that you've been posting around the boards.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by optimusflyimus
coairtul thanks for the awesome info that you've been posting around the boards.
Anytime, I always gain insite from you all in regards to a customers point of view and since things have calmed down, I know how it is to sit and wonder what is going on with my flight etc. so I decided to just give back a lil.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:56 am

Yeah, I noticed 2 had been cancelled and figured that did not bode well for 72. I'm gonna go ahead and try to get booked on the 9/15 flight. Thanks for the help!
I'm scheduled to return on 72 tomorrow as well. It is still showing as on schedule - any chance it is going to go since IAH is supposed to be open on Monday?

I'm holding on the elite hotline right now - i just called and it only said that my wait is going to be 'greater than 30 minutes.'

--

ok, i was holding maybe 5 minutes... maybe I misheard.

The agent said that flight 72 is still on schedule for tomorrow.

---

Just tried to check in... made it almost all the way through the process until I reached a message saying check-in has been restricted to the gate.

Should be a fun experience tomorrow - no doubt there will be lots of happy travelers clamoring for seats. We currently have seats assigned - hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited by TexasWes; Sep 14, 2008 at 1:16 am
Old Sep 14, 2008, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The number can be found at co.com | Elite Status | Priority Desk. I know that we used to not post it here, but I'm wondering if there is still a reason not to since it should all go in to the same IVR system and if someone who is non-Elite calls it they get dumped out to the regular queue. Anyways, that is where you can find the number.

Originally Posted by dougbroda
Originally Posted by TexasWes
Welcome to FlyerTalk to both of you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.