Larry Complaint Letter Tracker

Old Sep 6, 08, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Larry Complaint Letter Tracker

If you are as shocked by CO devaluing Platinum as I am then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Send a complaint letter to Larry via courier!

How many grass roots efforts have saved a TV show from cancellation? The answer is more than one. While yesterday's announcement was a business decision, you don't mess with your best clients and not hear about it! Business decisions can be reversed, but only if folks are vocal enough. While this is a great website, it's not the only avenue to be heard.

SEND A LETTER TO LARRY VIA COURIER TODAY!

Once you've sent your letter to Larry please post a comment here letting us know. Let's see how many folks we can get to actually send a letter.

Please use the main string for general commentary about yesterday's announcement.

Thank you!
Old Sep 6, 08, 11:35 am

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Im sending Larry a letter telling him I know he has a tough job and had to make some tough choices,but I support him..
Old Sep 6, 08, 4:08 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by CAL PHL FLYER View Post
Im sending Larry a letter telling him I know he has a tough job and had to make some tough choices,but I support him..

Do they charge postage on inter-office letters?
Old Sep 7, 08, 4:32 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by phillyphlyer40 View Post

Do they charge postage on inter-office letters?
@:-)
Old Sep 7, 08, 7:35 am

Programs: OnePass Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Avis First, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Address?
Old Sep 7, 08, 7:42 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE View Post
Address?
Link
Old Sep 7, 08, 8:43 am
RNE

Programs: UA Electrum, Crown&Anchor Diamond, CaptainsCircle Platinum
The only "letters" Lar' Baby will care about is the code for the airline you book future travel on. Make sure those letters are not "CO" and then he might care.
Old Sep 7, 08, 8:16 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by RNE View Post
The only "letters" Lar' Baby will care about is the code for the airline you book future travel on. Make sure those letters are not "CO" and then he might care.

Funny...but with my letter I am sending fedex tomorrow..I have included EVERY UA receipt for the past 6 months. Most of them FROM EWR!!
Old Sep 7, 08, 11:52 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Smile

Originally Posted by CLE PLAT View Post
If you are as shocked by CO devaluing Platinum as I am then DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! Send a complaint letter to Larry via courier!

How many grass roots efforts have saved a TV show from cancellation? The answer is more than one. While yesterday's announcement was a business decision, you don't mess with your best clients and not hear about it! Business decisions can be reversed, but only if folks are vocal enough. While this is a great website, it's not the only avenue to be heard.

SEND A LETTER TO LARRY VIA COURIER TODAY!

Once you've sent your letter to Larry please post a comment here letting us know. Let's see how many folks we can get to actually send a letter.

Please use the main string for general commentary about yesterday's announcement.

Thank you!
With my current travel plans I will end up with Platinum for the first time. I guess I'm kind of dissapointed that the bonus went down from 125% to 100%. But then I researched it and found that that is pretty much in line with AA and UA (CO's future Star alliance partner). Not that shocking really.

It will still be advantageous for Platinums with the reward change fee waiver, better BF availability and highest priority upgrade placement on non-Y coach fares.

Just for the record, my employer is not CO!
Old Sep 8, 08, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by COFlyerCLE View Post
Address?
It's a garment most commonly worn by a woman.
Old Sep 8, 08, 8:28 am

Programs: CO Platinum; Delta Gold; Marriott Platinum; Avis First
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan View Post
That cracked me up!
Old Sep 8, 08, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by ContinentalFan View Post
You forgot to add, "...but that's not important right now."
Old Sep 8, 08, 8:38 am

Programs: United GS 1MM, WN A-List, Marriott LTPPE, CLEAR
Maybe it will be different this time. I know I've posted about this before. I left CO for UA mid-last year. I have not stepped foot on a SkyTeam plane since, with the exception of a MXP-AMS-GLA flight on KLM. I sent my letter to Larry and his response indicated that CO is not right for everyone and that their mix of products and pricing was better suited for another type of traveler. I have spent $90,000 on paid Business and First class travel on UA/LH/SQ this year, so far. I have another $50,000 booked over the next few months. Would CO really care? The only redemption CO could offer if is they announced an E+ section like UA. As of now, there isn't much difference between the two with respect to everything else. Oh, I forgot, you do get that "meal at meal time". SWUs (I'm hitting 1K next week), E+ seating and availability to actually use your miles for premium cabin seats and upgrades on TATL and TPAC flights is a great incentive. Even when the marriage is complete, I will avoid CO when I can. It was a great airline and, like everyone airline, they have fallen on hard times. However, unlike every other airline, they purported to be like everyone else. At the end of the day, they are just like everyone else.
Old Sep 8, 08, 9:55 am

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Stop calling me Shirley!

Originally Posted by johdhj View Post
You forgot to add, "...but that's not important right now."
And stop calling me Shirley!
Old Sep 8, 08, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by bwicoplat View Post
Maybe it will be different this time. I know I've posted about this before. I left CO for UA mid-last year. I have not stepped foot on a SkyTeam plane since, with the exception of a MXP-AMS-GLA flight on KLM. I sent my letter to Larry and his response indicated that CO is not right for everyone and that their mix of products and pricing was better suited for another type of traveler. I have spent $90,000 on paid Business and First class travel on UA/LH/SQ this year, so far. I have another $50,000 booked over the next few months. Would CO really care? The only redemption CO could offer if is they announced an E+ section like UA. As of now, there isn't much difference between the two with respect to everything else. Oh, I forgot, you do get that "meal at meal time". SWUs (I'm hitting 1K next week), E+ seating and availability to actually use your miles for premium cabin seats and upgrades on TATL and TPAC flights is a great incentive. Even when the marriage is complete, I will avoid CO when I can. It was a great airline and, like everyone airline, they have fallen on hard times. However, unlike every other airline, they purported to be like everyone else. At the end of the day, they are just like everyone else.
If CO does not want a customer who spends $140k per year on full fare premium cabin travel, what other type of customer could they possibly want?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: