Continental OnePass Account Suspended

Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Death Row is filled with people ALL proclaiming their innocence
Obviously they're not all innocent. A few years ago IL put a moratorium on executions because DNA (and other) evidence showed a large number of inmates on death row were innocent. In fact the number of inmates proved to be innocent was greater then the number of inmates executed.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/abolish/ev...oratorium.html

Originally Posted by Benny8444
First of all, I just spent the last hour reading this thread and it was like a TV Drama!!!

Here are Benny's Thoughts on this matter

1. By reading CO Insiders post, it makes me feel that he researched into this matter and knows about it from the OnePass people. And there was a resolution between the OP and CO.

2. Since we have not heard from zoro2008 it makes me think that he/she was selling or doing something on CL that justified the ban. And just used FT for some advise for a defense.
It's also possible the Continental gave the OP the benefit of the doubt and re-instated his miles with the understanding the details not be made public (posted) There is a difference between accepting an explanation once and having the story posted on the internet and getting the same explanation numerous times. I'm thinking something like his TA listed the miles and there is some question if the OP asked the TA to convert miles to cash. You don't have enough miles for a free ticket. You don't think you'll ever have enough miles for a free ticket. Do you want me to get you some cash for your miles? I'm not sure the reason for giving a TA your PIN number. TAs don't make commission on regular tickets, let alone award tickets. Are there TAs that check, and book, award tickets?

or the "TA" decided this guy was never going to use his miles and he might as well get some money.

I think your second point is more likely then my explanation but either is possible.

Last edited by lewisc; Oct 11, 2008 at 1:20 pm
Old Oct 21, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I just bid on some CO miles last weekend on ebay. I won 2 auctions & both sellers got their acct.s locked & emptied. One of which listed 25K--no easliy trackable exact odd number. The seller e-mailed me that he had no idea how CO could detect that the e-bay listing was his.
Plus, a 3rd auction on which I had bid was stopped early.

Smaller acct.s like 5--15K don't usually get bothered. Smart buyers will transfer to AGR ASAP .

Last edited by Brendan; Oct 22, 2008 at 10:55 pm Reason: Clarity.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Boston_Bulldog
Of course Delta, Continental and United corporate management are too chicken to do anything about trading aka BARTERING via FT coupon connection....
Great - publicize that.

And according to some CC people, UA does sniff out that SWU's are in accounts that they shouldn't be. They're admittedly not real good at closing the deal and hurting the MP members involved, but UA does suspect something at various times.
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Brendan
I just bid on some CO miles last weekend on ebay. One auction was stopped early & re: the 2 which I won, both sellers got their acct.s locked & emptied. One of which listed 25K--no easliy trackable exact odd number. The seller e-mailed me that he had no idea how CO could detect that the e-bay listing was his.

Smaller acct.s like 10K don't usually get bothered .
You won two auctions and afterwards BOTH sellers emailed you that their accounts were closed down?

Sounds like ebay is sending this info to CO as a normal business practice.
Old Oct 23, 2008, 12:22 am

Location: various cities in the USofA: NYC, BWI, IAH, ORD, CVG, NYC
Programs: Former UA 1K, National Exec. Elite
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Sounds like ebay is sending this info to CO as a normal business practice.
Sounds like ebay has an ulterior motive (e.g. collecting commissions). Why not just close the auction down immediately? Sounds like fraud... the know the auction is against the rules (and take action against it), but they don't stop the auction. Am I missing something here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.