Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting compensation for complaint

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 9:56 pm
R&R

Programs: 1K-UA/AA, LT PLAT-MARRIOTT(1984), HILTON-GOLD, HYATT-GOLD
Red face

Well, you certainly can't pick or change seats, once the Boarding Pass notice arrives from what I recall, when I try it. The message is you have to do it at the airport!

So did they forget to pick seats long before the flights, or didn't know to do it?
Old Aug 17, 2008, 11:25 pm

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by chasbondy
You should ask them to stop drooling, they basically got nothing unless they travel alot.
not really, even for the infrequent traveller the elite luggage rules are quite nice.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 6:09 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Again - what was the value of the ticket?
Did they already have a OnePass number?
How many miles did they fly last year?

If they fly again this year, at least Silver will get them priority seating at time of ticket booking.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cova
Again - what was the value of the ticket?
Did they already have a OnePass number?
How many miles did they fly last year?

If they fly again this year, at least Silver will get them priority seating at time of ticket booking.
I wish I could answer these questions but I don't really know. I can say, however, that these are not infrequent flyers (but infrequent enough to not have any status) and that they have the sense to assign seats in advance. Because of this, I'd assume it was a nearly last minute ticket and that all of the nonelite seats were full. I'm thinking a high-ish fare class, but I'll ask later to find out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.