Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Cape Air Mileage Credit for Cape & Islands?

Old Aug 12, 08, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler

According to the mileage accrural charts, credit for Cape Air flights is available only for their Carribean flights. However, I recently checked an itinerary from EWR to MVY(Martha's Vineyard) and co.com show connecting flights from EWR to Providence and Boston and then on Cape Air to the Vineyard. What's more, co.com indicated that the Cape Air segment is credited at 1000 miles. SOunds too good to be true.
Old Aug 12, 08, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
I think it's a mistake and you won't earn any miles. Also, all Cape Air flights have to be ticketed as Continental Airlines to earn miles and those flights are not.
Old Aug 12, 08, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OPFlyer View Post
I think it's a mistake and you won't earn any miles. Also, all Cape Air flights have to be ticketed as Continental Airlines to earn miles and those flights are not.
Here's a clip from the co.com website clearly showing 1000 miles for the Cape Air Portion.

From
$432
limited tickets

Depart:
6:30 a.m.
Thu., Sep. 4, 2008
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:
7:43 a.m.
Thu., Sep. 4, 2008
Boston, MA (BOS) Flight Time:
1 hr 13 mn OnePass Miles/
Elite Qualification:
500 /100% Flight: CO1116
Aircraft: Boeing 737-500
Fare Class: Economy (I)
Meal: None
See On-Time Performance
On-Time:
EWR - BOS 90% View Seats
Change Planes. Connect time in Boston, MA (BOS) is 1 hour 17 minutes.
Depart:
9:00 a.m.
Thu., Sep. 4, 2008
Boston, MA (BOS) Arrive:
9:35 a.m.
Thu., Sep. 4, 2008
Martha's Vineyard, MA (MVY) Flight Time:
35 mn

Travel Time:
3 hr 5 mn OnePass Miles/
Elite Qualification:

Total Miles:
1,000 Flight: 9K303
Aircraft: Cessna 402
Fare Class: Economy (V)
Meal: None

Wheelchairs cannot be accommodated in the cargo hold on flight 303 due to the equipment type being used.
Note: Flight 303 is serviced by a non-jet equipment type.
Old Aug 12, 08, 10:50 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by hughw View Post
According to the mileage accrural charts, credit for Cape Air flights is available only for their Carribean flights. However, I recently checked an itinerary from EWR to MVY(Martha's Vineyard) and co.com show connecting flights from EWR to Providence and Boston and then on Cape Air to the Vineyard. What's more, co.com indicated that the Cape Air segment is credited at 1000 miles. SOunds too good to be true.
Sorry for the confusion, hughw, but we do not offer OnePass mileage credit for Cape Air's flights in the northeast U.S. Our mileage earning agreement with Cape Air is solely limited to the flights they operate in the Caribbean and the flights they operate as Continental Connection in Florida and in the Pacific.

You are correct that we're erroneously reflecting the mileage earning for Cape Air and certain other flights not eligible for OnePass credit when viewing your itinerary on continental.com, and we do have a log open to get this corrected.

Last edited by UA Insider; Aug 12, 08 at 7:18 pm Reason: typo
Old Aug 12, 08, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
any chance that we could get credit in the future for Cape Air flights? I think it'd be cool to fly them to PTown sometime.
Old Aug 12, 08, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by entropy View Post
I think it'd be cool to fly them to PTown sometime.
i love that flight going...hate it going back.

but, its a great flight. incredible view.
Old Aug 27, 08, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
What about interline baggage?

Originally Posted by CO Insider View Post
Sorry for the confusion, hughw, but we do not offer OnePass mileage credit for Cape Air's flights in the northeast U.S.
So as not to start a whole new thread: My mother is flying Cape Air connecting to CO coming back from MVY in Sept booked through a travel agency. Will Cape Air interline the bag through or will she have to claim and re-check her bag in BOS? I know some of the smaller airlines at smaller airports have this issue.

TIA

Last edited by texd; Aug 27, 08 at 12:43 pm
Old Aug 27, 08, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by texd View Post
So as not to start a whole new thread: My mother is flying Cape Air connecting to CO coming back from MVY in Sept booked through a travel agency. Will Cape Air interline the bag through or will she have to claim and re-check her bag in BOS? I know some of the smaller airlines at smaller airports have this issue.

TIA
They will interline provided that either both flights are on one record and in their computer, or you she shows up with a printed CO itinerary with no handwritten changes. The CO itinerary doesn't need to include the Cape Air flight. I assume that they just want to assure themselves that any luggage they interline ends up on the correct CO flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: