Community
Wiki Posts
Search

change in status on existing reservations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:46 am
Original Poster

change in status on existing reservations

Hi all... I'm currently silver, but will be moving up to gold in about a week. In terms of existing reservations (I have three), do I need to call Continental to have them update the status in the records or does this happen automatically? I don't want to miss out on those improved upgrade chances (and the possible companion upgrades)...

Thanks for the advice!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5*
As long as your OnePass number is already in the reservations, everything should happen automatically, including change in priority for upgrades. Congrats on making Gold.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:18 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

It's worth nothing that if you have pre-booked trips on NW, you might have to call and have them remove and then add your OP number once your new status gets pushed to the NW system. I had to do that last year to get my NW itineraries to show correctly.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The following is from the FAQ:
Originally Posted by Continental FAQ
What happens if my Elite Status Changes?
If your Elite status changes after you make your reservation and you remove and re-add your account number, your reservation will reflect the correct status. But if you do not do that this is how your upgrade will be handled by the Elite Upgrade Automation (EUA) and at check-in as reported here:
  • Non-Elite turns Elite. EUA will not recognize for an advance upgrade, and upgrade will not be offered at check-in. This is scheduled to be corrected with the 2008 Elite program
  • Elite turns Non-Elite. EUA will not recognize for an advance upgrade, and upgrade will not be offered at check-in
  • Elite changes to a different Elite tier. EUA will recognize most current Elite status for an advance upgrade, but will be added to the upgrade standby list at the former status upon check-in (also scheduled to be corrected with the 2008 Elite program)
So even though it will reflect correctly for EUA without effort on your part you might still want to remove it and put it back in for the waitlist just in case. It was supposed to be fixed as noted there but I have no idea if it was or not.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: CO Platinum; Delta Gold; Marriott Platinum; Avis First
Thanks for posting the FAQ smb12, I too have just survived from Silver to Gold. I will have to follow the prescribed guidelines...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.