FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Same Day Confirmed Change - not on upgrade list (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/849470-same-day-confirmed-change-not-upgrade-list.html)

najay Jul 28, 2008 11:33 am

Same Day Confirmed Change - not on upgrade list

I just did a SDC change for a flight today SNA-FLL, from the 12:40pm flight (420/1748) to the 9:20pm flight (1686/1701). I was able to do it all online, and it did charge me $25 for the confirmation ... the whole process went perfectly. However, when I went back to check my place on the upgrade lists, using the PDA site, I am not listed!!??

I should be on the list as NAJ. Can anybody that has gone through this process tell me if I will have problems? I called the Onepass line and they told me I _am_ on the upgrade list, but I don't see it, and I really would like to catch the 3hr sweep to pick seats.

sbm12 Jul 28, 2008 12:02 pm

The 3-hour list has nothing to do with showing up on the PDA site. The PDA site list is only used for at-the-gate upgrades while the 3-hour still runs from the EUA list.

Are you checked in for the new flight? Until you are checked in you won't show on the PDA site.

jrzyshawn Jul 28, 2008 12:02 pm

did you check in for the new flights yet?

najay Jul 28, 2008 12:27 pm

I was already checked in. I also pulled up my account and re-checked in, but it told me i was already checked in. I called and asked the OP agent to check me out, so I could check in again. That did not appear to work.

sbm12 Jul 28, 2008 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by najay (Post 10109166)
I was already checked in. I also pulled up my account and re-checked in, but it told me i was already checked in. I called and asked the OP agent to check me out, so I could check in again. That did not appear to work.

From the PDA site:

If you’re eligible to be upgraded and you have checked in, but are still not on the upgrade standby list, please check with a Continental airport representative. When necessary, this may only be handled at the airport.
You'll get on the list at the airport.

skearney00 Jul 28, 2008 3:39 pm

I did this the other day and showed up on the PDA site immediately and even cleared the upgrade. This was on my return segment. I was auto checked-in for the original flight, but then switched to an earlier flight. A phone agent processed the change. As soon as I checked-in online for the new flight, my name showed up on the PDA site.

najay Jul 28, 2008 4:06 pm

I still haven't shown up on the upgrade list. I guess I will need to wait and see if I catch the 3hr sweep, and if not, then make sure I get added to the lists at the airport.

Scott, if you read this stuff, can you just glance at my PNR to see what is happening? If I didn't get added automatically when I did the online change, is that an acceptable part of the new procedure? Or is it one of the known glitches?

UA Insider Jul 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by najay (Post 10108766)
I just did a SDC change for a flight today SNA-FLL, from the 12:40pm flight (420/1748) to the 9:20pm flight (1686/1701). I was able to do it all online, and it did charge me $25 for the confirmation ... the whole process went perfectly. However, when I went back to check my place on the upgrade lists, using the PDA site, I am not listed!!??

I should be on the list as NAJ. Can anybody that has gone through this process tell me if I will have problems? I called the Onepass line and they told me I _am_ on the upgrade list, but I don't see it, and I really would like to catch the 3hr sweep to pick seats.

Hi najay, we've researched your example, and you're correct, we didn't add you to the upgrade standby list. I'm glad you caught that. This appears to be an online check-in error, although it seems to be limited to flight changes made after initial check-in (in your case, you had checked in and later come back to make the flight change). Once we can certify this is the error, we'll get this corrected in the next possible release.

As for your trip today, we've gone ahead and added you to the airport upgrade standby list. For future reference, this is an easy request to make at the airport, but not over the phone. Since the airport upgrade standby list is only meant for the airport gate, you'll always be in good shape as long as you're on the list before the gate starts clearing upgrades. Even if you're not on the airport upgrade standby list, our Elite Upgrade Automation (EUA) will still try to upgrade you in advance (including the 3-hour run). In fact, it just upgraded you on your Newark-Ft. Lauderdale flight. Enjoy!

fly2w Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Deleted

najay Jul 28, 2008 5:26 pm

thank you scott. I was on the road when the 24hr mark hit for my original flight, so I did a pda checkin. I did not see an option for flight changes at the time. That happened yesterday. When I got up this morning, I redid my check-in to see if any better seats opened up. I used my home pc this time. This is when I saw the SDC option (the 12 hour window for the flight just opened up) and selected it.

thanks again!