Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Transfer at CDG

My 15 year old son is travelling alone with the itinerary listed below. Trying to tell him what customs/transfer will be like. Believe EWR-CDG lands at 2A and CDG-NCE departs at 2F. Apparently he cannot travel as official UM on CO anymore but will try and get any help from CO I can. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Flight Details:
Depart:
8:05 p.m.
Sat., Aug. 23, 2008
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Arrive:
9:40 a.m. +1 Day
Sun., Aug. 24, 2008
Paris, France (CDG) Travel Time:
7 hr 35 mn Flight: CO138
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Fare Class: First (E)
Meal: Dinner

Depart:
12:40 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 24, 2008
Paris, France (CDG) Arrive:
2:10 p.m.
Sun., Aug. 24, 2008
Nice, France (NCE) Travel Time:
1 hr 30 mn Flight: AF7704
Fare Class: Economy (X)
Old Jul 27, 2008, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
These threads may be of some assistance.

CDG Terminal Transfers 2F-2E

Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Customs at CDG for connecting flight to BCN
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Three hours at CDG will be plenty of time. Assuming he can read signs (in English) and follow the arrows he should have no trouble making the connection.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:42 am

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I would look at the Air France postings.
There have tons of postings about transfers in CDG.
It is a very hot topic of discussion.
Overall 3 hours should be enough.
I assume he is a savvy 15 year old.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by keisari
I assume he is a savvy 15 year old.
When he wants something from us

I am thinking this is akin to going from Terminal A at EWR (A/B at CDG) to Terminal C (E/F at CDG) except transfer distance at CDG is shorter and you can walk it. I guess he clears immigration at CDG A/B, goes landside, and gets to E/F and clears security to go airside. Getting from A/B to E/F he should follow whatever signs there are for Schengen.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 11:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
When he wants something from us

I am thinking this is akin to going from Terminal A at EWR (A/B at CDG) to Terminal C (E/F at CDG) except transfer distance at CDG is shorter and you can walk it. I guess he clears immigration at CDG A/B, goes landside, and gets to E/F and clears security to go airside. Getting from A/B to E/F he should follow whatever signs there are for Schengen.
Actually transferring at any US airport is alot easier!

here a map of CDG https://www.continental.com/web/en-U...F87461CB139B03

its a bit of a walk and Im not sure if you can walk from 2E to 2F without going down a series of stairs (or escalator/s). Like I had to to get from 2A to 2B. On that map where it shows that 2A&C and 2B&D are connected its not thats where the stairs are to go down and walk under th roadways.

I think there maybe an Internal bus, I found it alot easier just to walk. I did so at 1st outside for some fresh air, only to have to double back since the only way to get over was from inside the Term between A&C and no way from outside.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: 1K United, PC PLT
I just did a transfer from iah-cdg-dub. flew into T 2A and i flew out of 2E. i had a one hour five minute layover and i still had time to check out the AF lounge in 2E. There are information desks scattered everywhere and they all speak english. He should be fine.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 2:46 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
I did this recently, and it is very easy to do. I think I found a thread on the AF forum with real specific instructions (which I printed and took with me) that helped a lot. I've also found people on the ground at CDG are very happy to help. I was advised to walk rather than take a transfer bus. If you're not real careful, you can end up on the wrong bus, and it's not a safe bet that the drivers speak English, or even French, for that matter. It was a ten minute walk at most.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.