FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   BusinessFirst missed connection = downgrade on other carrier? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/848323-businessfirst-missed-connection-downgrade-other-carrier.html)

MorganB Jul 24, 2008 2:19 pm

BusinessFirst missed connection = downgrade on other carrier?

My father is traveling in BusinessFirst on an R fare today. He is flying from LIT to IAH on continental express flight 2673 connecting to IAH- CDG flight 10. As it stand his flight from LIT is so late that he will arrive after the IAH-CDG departure. He spoke with the continental agent in LIT who has protected him on the later Air France 31 flight but would only put him in Y.

I have suggested that he go to the lounge in Houston if he misses his connection to see if he can be placed in Business on Air France.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? I understand that the R fare was a discount fare but you would think continental would honor the business class anyway. He does not have status with continental or any other sky team member.

Thanks!

OPFlyer Jul 24, 2008 2:21 pm

What is the reason for the delay?

Edit: It says Maintenance.

rjque Jul 24, 2008 2:25 pm

I would insist on rebooking in the purchased class of travel: business.

OPFlyer Jul 24, 2008 2:25 pm

It looks like CO 2883 is going to get there sooner. Perhaps rebook to that for now? Also, because it was CO's fault he should be rebooked into Business.

J.Edward Jul 24, 2008 2:28 pm

As he paid for a J ticket, CO gets to accommodate him in J. Period.

I'd start by finding the concierge (aka grey-coat), there's normally one in the lounge, explain the situation and inform him/her the current situation is unacceptable and as to be re-accommodated in AF J. However as of this posting it looks like AF J is sold out this evening on the non-stop so that may not be an option.

At a quick glance it looks like there's J space on the late IAH-LHR flight so that could be a back up. An example itiniary with this flight would be:
7/24 Continental Airlines 32
Boeing 767 10:25 pm
Houston, TX (IAH) 2:05 pm (Next day)
London, United Kingdom (LHR)

7/25: Air France 1481
Airbus A321 4:00 pm
London, United Kingdom (LHR) 6:10 pm
Paris, France (CDG)

Wiirachay Jul 24, 2008 2:47 pm

UNACCEPTABLE. Demand to be booked on another carrier in J or get CO to pay for hotel and confirmed J class the next day.

robin.goodman Jul 24, 2008 3:18 pm

I had this happen to me going SLC-IAH-LGW. The SLC-IAH was a DL codeshare and the DL agent rebooked me in Y SLC-CVG-. When I complained, he was such a jerk and told me it was "take it or leave it" and that my behavior indicated I didn't want to get on the plane, when I asked to speak with his supervisor he told me none would be available until after the SLC-CVG flight departed.

just another day with DL service

deniah Jul 24, 2008 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by robin.goodman (Post 10091511)
I had this happen to me going SLC-IAH-LGW. The SLC-IAH was a DL codeshare and the DL agent rebooked me in Y SLC-CVG-. When I complained, he was such a jerk and told me it was "take it or leave it" and that my behavior indicated I didn't want to get on the plane, when I asked to speak with his supervisor he told me none would be available until after the SLC-CVG flight departed.

just another day with DL service

wow. :td:! is that typical with dl?
and what happened afterwards?

gbryan84 Jul 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by deniah (Post 10091535)

Yes, my mom and sister missed a connection on a CO reward booked on DL. They waited 4 hours before putting them on a CO flight into EWR rather than original routing of LGA. I wrote a nasty letter and they sent me (them) 2-$100 vouchers.

MorganB Jul 24, 2008 3:52 pm

Thank you for all your helpful replies and suggestions.

Good news! Looks like the BusinessFirst Concierge worked their magic. I havent spoken to my father but pulled up his booking and it now shows that he is on the 3:45 delta flight ( 6330 ) from LIT to CVG followed by CVG to CDG ( Delta 44) in BusinessElite. I will know more once he arrives in France and will post the details but it does appear that continental came through after all. Bravo!

J.Edward Jul 24, 2008 4:04 pm

Glad to hear everything worked out ^

I think the issue with Y on the AF IAH-CDG flight was that it's sold out tonight in J and F is not offered on the 330's. But either way I'm glad to see things came together; connecting in CVG will be better than doing so in LHR (or who knows where) IMHO.

Originally Posted by MorganB (Post 10091700)
Looks like the BusinessFirst Concierge worked their magic. I havent spoken to my father but pulled up his booking and it now shows that he is on the 3:45 delta flight ( 6330 ) from LIT to CVG followed by CVG to CDG ( Delta 44) in BusinessElite. I will know more once he arrives in France and will post the details but it does appear that continental came through after all. Bravo!

ijgordon Jul 24, 2008 4:08 pm

And people wonder what the point is of the BF concierges... ;)

channa Jul 24, 2008 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by deniah (Post 10091535)

Wow, that's surprising to hear. I've had nothing but good service from DL.

I haven't misconnected with them, but they've done a number of little things for us:

- Blocked a middle seat next to me without asking
- Op up after a VDB
- Manually connect through a bag with a > 12-hour connection (computer didn't want to)

CO 1E Jul 24, 2008 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by channa (Post 10091912)
I've had nothing but good service from DL.

Me, too.

rjque Jul 24, 2008 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by CO 1E (Post 10091935)
Me, too.

Me three. They pushed me to a UA non-stop SFO-IAD when SFO-SLC-IAD was going to misconnect due to weather.