CO introduces new BusinessFirst seat

Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
Originally Posted by swinger
If co could copy delta's new econ seats that would be great.
Maybe not... My understanding is that the new seats will be configured 2-4-2 in the DL 767s.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
It's a shame CO didn't tap into this community more for feedback on the seats.
It's not known if any of the 40-person focus group were FTers, but if they were, I have the sense that they would be bragging about it by now.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by Weatherboy
It's a shame CO didn't tap into this community more for feedback on the seats.
CO Insider did ask for feedback quite some time ago on this forum about whether people wanted wider seats or lie-flat seats. Those were the two types of mock-ups I saw in September 2006 that CO was looking at.

From October 2006,

Originally Posted by ND Sol
Just because the bed is 6'3" doesn't mean the pitch has to be 75". I have seen a mock-up of a lie flat bed with less than 60" pitch.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
Originally Posted by MBM3
Looks like someone forgot to sync up with corporate communications before uploading the article! I am sure we will see an official announcement shortly.

^^
LOL... yeah I found it very curious this thread was not started by insider.... some folks in Houston are very pissed about now!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kommissar Giga-Posting Direktor, PWP; Fasano Nouveau Aristocrat; CO Platinum; BD Gold; MR Gold
Originally Posted by swinger
I wish co copied the new sq biz seat.
Lol, yeah - and, I wish they would let Plats have a guaranteed upgrade into said seat at the time of ticketing, for X fares and above.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Interesting. It was all from the August issue of CO Magazine, so I wonder if it was posted early by mistake.
That would be my guess. I would expect more of an announcement rather than just a blurb in the magazine.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:23 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA ExPlat
Originally Posted by sdm1130
Interesting way of introducing the seat. I would have expected something with a little more fanfare. When will we see the seat on display at EWR and/or IAH?

I like that they went with a true lay-flat seat and a much larger video display! I agree with the poster that commented that window seats are going to be a pain to get out of, but I think CO had to go this way so they didn't have to reduce the number of seats. Does anyone think the padding on the seat looks a bit thin (like DL's herringbone seats)? I hope this is not a problem when sitting upright in the seat.

It's interesting that they make no mention of putting these seats on to the 767s. I suppose this means they will all be retired a few years after the 787s start to come online.
I was thinking the same thing about the seat padding! It looks too thin, like the old BA CW seats.

Do you remember when the old BF seat model was in that little round area at IAH behind the C-concourse checkins?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SamMarkand
Do you remember when the old BF seat model was in that little round area at IAH behind the C-concourse checkins?
Yes. That was back in the days when BF was available on the DC-10 and 747.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
It's not known if any of the 40-person focus group were FTers, but if they were, I have the sense that they would be bragging about it by now.
You never know. Some people on this forum can be very good about keeping secrets.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Are these new seats anything like the NZ C seats on their 777? If so, then this is a good thing.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by ssullivan
You never know. Some people on this forum can be very good about keeping secrets.
Fair point, especially if CO made them sign something.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Fair point, especially if CO made them sign something.
3 letters are CO's friends...N-D-A.

Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:25 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
Originally Posted by ssullivan
Recently on FT it seems that those who know the least say the most...
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by studio76
Recently on FT it seems that those who know the least say the most...
Recently?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Privacy

I hope the new seats provide more in-seat privacy. In the artist rendering, it looks like the reclined passenger would be fully exposed to the aisle. I hope the back of the seat at least has some sort of canopy that could "shell" the passenger in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.