Wiki Posts
Search

Why Does CO Use the EWR B Terminal?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Why Does CO Use the EWR B Terminal?

Was on CO 41 in BF from FCO on Monday, and it pulls up to the B terminal. Now it seemed efficient enough in terms of Immigration and baggage delivery, but obviously almost all connecting flights are from terminal C. And CO flight info is poor to non-existent even once you exit Customs. Many folks didn't even realize that their connections were in another terminal. And the AirTrain is certainly poorly designed with those little compartments.

Does CO need to use these B gates simply because of lack of C terminal gate space?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Was on CO 41 in BF from FCO on Monday, and it pulls up to the B terminal. Now it seemed efficient enough in terms of Immigration and baggage delivery, but obviously almost all connecting flights are from terminal C. And CO flight info is poor to non-existent even once you exit Customs. Many folks didn't even realize that their connections were in another terminal. And the AirTrain is certainly poorly designed with those little compartments.

Does CO need to use these B gates simply because of lack of C terminal gate space?
Yeah...CO uses Terminal B when there isn't any gate space left in C or when too many international flights have arrived at once. This prevents the immigration hall in Terminal C from being inundated with people. Although it's a royal pain in the ... for some customers, arriving in Terminal B usually means you're saving a lot of time at Immigration.

-RM
Old Jul 22, 2008, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well for an educated traveler who knows that s/he has to transfer terminals, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. You have to re-clear security either way. And I presume there are probably a handful of folks connecting to CoExpress out of Terminal A, so this is incrementally easier for them (one fewer stop on the monorail).

I do 100% agree that the EWR Airtrain/Monorail is a complete and utter travesty.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Well for an educated traveler who knows that s/he has to transfer terminals, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. You have to re-clear security either way. And I presume there are probably a handful of folks connecting to CoExpress out of Terminal A, so this is incrementally easier for them (one fewer stop on the monorail).

I do 100% agree that the EWR Airtrain/Monorail is a complete and utter travesty.
Guess what... a whole lot of people did not know anything about having to change terminals... there was nothing said by the crew on our aircraft, and of course, there are no connecting flight monitors in the Customs hall (WHY NOT?) whatsoever. Even some frequent CO travelers seemed perplexed... one fellow told me while waiting for the luggage that there was a connector bus to take you to C. That made no sense to me as I knew there would be another TSA check at some point.

Hey, the EWR experience is no picnic, but it still beats the dickens out of JFK and people movers/broken escalators or no escalators.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 8:13 pm
Suspended

ive had the pleasure only once with pulling into B. Since EWR is my final destination, I find arriving at B to be alot better in getting thru C&I and out of the term. Wish all my flights pulled up there.

I agree for those who need to connect to another CO flight its a PITA, as it is when arriving into C and leaving out of A or vice versa. However its alot better then having to wait for a gate in C or arriving into a fully packed C&I in C

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.