Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

did Chase refuse to re-issue anyone else's PC passes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat

I called Chase last week to tell them that the PC passes from my CO Chase card anniversay in Jan expire in Sep. The CSR told me that their SOP is to issue passes valid for 6 months and refused to issue new ones. I found this inconsistent with other peoples' experiences. Am I the only one to have this problem?
Old Jul 21, 2008, 8:39 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by Totoro
I called Chase last week to tell them that the PC passes from my CO Chase card anniversay in Jan expire in Sep. The CSR told me that their SOP is to issue passes valid for 6 months and refused to issue new ones. I found this inconsistent with other peoples' experiences. Am I the only one to have this problem?

we were told that because we no longer have the card (upgraded to Prez Plus card) that we couldn't be given new passes (ours had only 5 months) and that our current passes were in fact invalid (though they have no way of knowing)
Old Jul 21, 2008, 9:07 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
I got mine just fine. Sorry to hear of your troubles.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

I finally received new PC passes!

After giving up on Chase, I had no recourse but to PM CO_Insider. He replied that I should receive new PC passes in a few weeks. Lo and behold, this afternoon, I received new PC passes via FedEx delivery ^

I don't know whether Chase did a mass-mailing, or CO_Insider specifically intervened on my behalf. I thank him all the same!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: CO* Plat MM, HH Diamond
Happy you had a positive outcome. I think the chase onepass credit card deal is rather lame. When I received my card there was a companion pass withit that had unbelievable restrictions on its use. I look upon the ticket offer as a scam
Old Aug 20, 2008, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Penalty Box 2K, PWP Posting Unit 9
I called Chase per CO Insider's direction and received new passes via regular mail in about four weeks. No issue at all.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:38 pm

Programs: CO Plat, Amex Plat
I called Chase to request new passes since the ones I received had a short expiration date and weren't of any use to me.
It did take a few minutes of discussion with the agent who said that she would take it up with a supervisor. I left it at that and was pleasantly surprised a couple of days later when Chase Fed-Ex'd new passes to me.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I'm happy to hear that others also received their new PC passes ^

I do wonder, however, how many Chase CO Visa holders did NOT receive new PC passes? If not for FT and CO_Insider, I would probably count myself among them. From the above responses, I would conclude that Chase didn't mail these passes to all account holders but rather only to those who requested them.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Totoro
They initially refused to send us new passes, too - they also claimed they were only supposed to be valid for six months. We called back, same story...Asked for a supervisor, same story. Then, in a couple of days we had a FedEx envelope with two new passes in it. We had no idea we were getting them, but were pleasantly surprised. If we have this same hassle next year, I'm sure we'll be canceling the card as the other "perks" really aren't worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.