Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Flex EQMs based on time of charge or time of payment?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA Priemier Gold

So I have the Pres Plus card.

My 1 year anniversary is 8/30/08.
It is my understanding (based on rumor I heard here on FT ) that there is no "carry over" of the spend bonus from card year to card year.

I am presently just over the 100k spend mark from last year to now.

The question I want to know is:

Does the spend flex EQM tabulation occur based on when I make the charges or when I make the payments?

(( I am planning to book a bunch of H fare upgrades for 2009 travel before the CO ...-reaming plan starts on Aug. 17th and am hoping that if I purchase them before 8/17 but pay after 8/30 I won't be "wasting" the buys for flex EQMs b/c if I buy and pay now it won't beenough to get me to 125k of spending and I start fresh on 8/30/08 to start the spent tab again)

make sense?

Anyone know the answer?

thanks, dergon
Old Jul 18, 2008, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm
So I have the Pres Plus card.

My 1 year anniversary is 8/30/08.
It is my understanding (based on rumor I heard here on FT ) that there is no "carry over" of the spend bonus from card year to card year.

I am presently just over the 100k spend mark from last year to now.

The question I want to know is:

Does the spend flex EQM tabulation occur based on when I make the charges or when I make the payments?

(( I am planning to book a bunch of H fare upgrades for 2009 travel before the CO ...-reaming plan starts on Aug. 17th and am hoping that if I purchase them before 8/17 but pay after 8/30 I won't be "wasting" the buys for flex EQMs b/c if I buy and pay now it won't beenough to get me to 125k of spending and I start fresh on 8/30/08 to start the spent tab again)

make sense?

Anyone know the answer?

thanks, dergon

I honestly can't tell you since I charge and pay quickly, HOWEVER it should be possible now to see this more accurate since the partner miles posting is working correctly on the co site. Before when it was not working properly it was an extreme pain to even 'reconcile' my spending on card to miles given.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Steph3n
I honestly can't tell you since I charge and pay quickly, HOWEVER it should be possible now to see this more accurate since the partner miles posting is working correctly on the co site. Before when it was not working properly it was an extreme pain to even 'reconcile' my spending on card to miles given.
Time of charge based, then on next statement they will be available, I know as I just had a statement come that posted to CO and it was not fully paid off the previous month, but all posted to CO, and I have to request the flex EQM transfer from Chase now, so that will add a little more delay I guess, but it is NOT based on payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.