Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

OnePass 21st Birthday Poker Tournament - Event Details

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass 21st Birthday Poker Tournament - Event Details

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I looked at the winners' list and thought it was FT for a minute b/c of all the men's names.

"Where my girls at???"
Old Aug 11, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: OnePass Plat, PriorityClub Gold, Starwood Preferred, Hilton Gold
I was there and lasted until about 2:00pm on day two. I think I was somewhere around #85. I got taken out by the guy that got 3rd place.

Kryten
Old Aug 11, 2008, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA-Silver; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Gold
I got kicked out day 2 also. Right before lunch. I think I was 91 or 92.

Oh to have a second chance.

It was an amazing event. Absolute fun and Continental pulled out all the stops with the food, parties, extra bonus prizes and to top it off they gave every room a $100 credit for incidentals.

Kudos to Continental for a FANTASTIC event that I hope is repeated in the near future.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:20 pm

Programs: OnePass Plat, PriorityClub Gold, Starwood Preferred, Hilton Gold
Hey TMOTEE,

There is actually a picture of me at the start of day 2 on Randy's blog:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefl..._poker/page/5/

Continental really did a fantastic job putting on this event. It really did show that they care a lot about their OnePass members. Everything at the tournament was First Class (upgraded).
Old Aug 11, 2008, 9:40 pm

What a fantastic time. Thanks Continental for putting this on! And a hello to all the great people I got to meet.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Yes, it was a very nice event, especially since I came out ahead .
Old Aug 12, 2008, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thumbs up Fun Event

It was a fun event -I think I'm about $5k in the hole, but it was a good time --at the tournament and in the evening activities around/outside of it.

Extra thanks to kingalien for being a nice host to dinner on Friday night there.

And now I finally learned how to play poker!
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:59 am

I didn't make it to the event due to a conflict of schedule. My onepas account show a debt of 50000 since the registration. Can you help me to credit it back?
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by jenchiwei
I didn't make it to the event due to a conflict of schedule. My onepas account show a debt of 50000 since the registration. Can you help me to credit it back?
Send a Private Message (PM) to CO Insider so he can take a look into it for you.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 12:58 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jenchiwei
Hi jenchiwei, please double-check your OnePass statements to be sure the miles weren't credited back. One thing that may appear misleading is that both the charge and the credit are listed as "21st Birthday Tournament Debit." In most cases, the original charge went on the May statement, which would look something like this:
5/12/2008 21st Birthday Tournament Debit 50,000
The subsequent mileage reversal was processed in early June, and would likely appear on your June statement, but with the same description and transaction date as your original redemtion. The credit (cleverly disguised as a debit) will look something like this:
5/12/2008 21st Birthday Tournament Debit (50,000)
I hope this is just a matter of confusing wording on our part. If that's not the case, please let us know by contacting our OnePass Service Center at 713.952.1630.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 1:30 pm

CO put on a great event. A special thanks to CO Insider (Scott O'Leary) and the other CO executives for treating their customers so well.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 4:13 pm

Programs: Flying Nut
UGH... my job is hendering me from being able to go to the cool CO events. Time to find a better place to work.

Sounds like I missed a fun time. Hope I will be able to make the next event.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Lifetime Gold, UA LifetMarriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I don't have chance unitl now to say Thank you for CO holding this event. I wish I could last at least to the final 40, but got kicked out on 73.
Old Aug 13, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Hi all - Even though I was only a participant in the party Thursday night, I just wanted to once again thank Scott, Dave (Sr. VP of Customer Experience), and the rest of the OnePass folks for holding this event. We had a great time, and I hope the winners do fabulous things with their winnings!
Old Aug 14, 2008, 8:15 am

I got knocked out at the end of the first day but the trip was definitely a success. The events were nice and I spent most of my time the rest of the trip playing in cash games. After expenses I came out $400 ahead.

~Jess

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.