FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   Why are most of my calls to the elite line not the elite line? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/845345-why-most-my-calls-elite-line-not-elite-line.html)

baglady Jul 15, 2008 4:38 pm

Why are most of my calls to the elite line not the elite line?

The past few weeks have been more and more non elite reps. Today I got a heavy breathing gum chewing clueless rep who also had a couple of four letter words under her breath. Anyone else finding this pervasive?

OptionsCLE Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm

I am. I usually call from my cell phone and CO's system can't seem to understand the letters/numbers of my OnePass number. I almost always end up getting bumped over to the nonelite line.

I would love to see them add a function to the automation where it comfirms your status level so you know whether or not you have to hang up and try again (or even better, add another option to go back and speak your number again if it didn't pick up correctly).

Another fix would be to ditch the first two letters and make an all-numeric OP number so you can key it in on the phone.

SteveHK Jul 15, 2008 4:50 pm

I've had a few calls go to non-elite reps; it is very obvious when it isn't the Elite desk. I've had one non-elite rep tell me that they get calls when "there's no one at the Elite desk." This seems to be at times when Elites are least likely to call (e.g. late Saturday night).

When I have talked to non-Elite reps, it's never been too much of a problem, except once when I purchased a Y-fare, asked for the upgrade and was told after a pause "that's not available..." (agent clearly didn't know about the Y-up). Going online 5 minutes later, I upgraded in a few clicks. :rolleyes:

baglady Jul 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I've even put putting my onepass number in manually and it's not making a difference.

bocastephen Jul 15, 2008 4:56 pm

It depends on the call load - when the EL is busy, calls roll to the regular agents.

Whereas it's a noble gesture on CO's part to keep us from waiting in the queue, I feel there should be more disclosure - especially when it's obvious you're not talking to an EL agent and when you ask 'is this the Elite Desk?', and they say 'yes' and then try to blow past the question with the 'I can help you, what do you need?'

They can setup a queue routing system which gives the customer the option to press '1' and be transferred to the next available general agent, or press '2' to remain on hold for the next available Elite agent.

baglady Jul 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 10039797)
They can setup a queue routing system which gives the customer the option to press '1' and be transferred to the next available general agent, or press '2' to remain on hold for the next available Elite agent.

Great idea!!!

belynch Jul 15, 2008 5:22 pm

I've been a frequent critic of the voice recognition system. Even going so far as to say it was "heavy" and CO would save fuel if they would ditch it.

No dice. It still aggravates me every time I call. :rolleyes:

RNE Jul 15, 2008 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE (Post 10039771)
Another fix would be to ditch the first two letters and make an all-numeric OP number so you can key it in on the phone.

It's already all-numeric. The letters correspond to numbers on your keypad. When calling the elite line, type the keypad numbers that correspond to the letters in your OnePass account and the phone recognition system will accept 'em. I do that and it works every time. Try it.

OptionsCLE Jul 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by RNE (Post 10040358)
It's already all-numeric. The letters correspond to numbers on your keypad. When calling the elite line, type the keypad numbers that correspond to the letters in your OnePass account and the phone recognition system will accept 'em. I do that and it works every time. Try it.

:confused:

I've tried this before with no success. I've tried hitting the corresponding number once and multiple times (like sending a text message) to no avail.

How are you doing it. For example, would LN be 5-6 or 555-66?

baglady Jul 15, 2008 7:04 pm

I've done it three times today alone and still haven't gotten the elite line. Must be a busy day. The last lady was pleasant and helpful though :)

fozz Jul 15, 2008 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE (Post 10040376)

How are you doing it. For example, would LN be 5-6 or 555-66?

I use this all the time. My first two letters are EG and i just type in '3' and '4' and then the other numbers with no issues.

I hate voice recognition systems as they are useless with any amount of background noise, so i always insist on using the keys. (I despise UA for forcing me to use the VR for my name, but i digress).

Ideally, the system should be smart enough to recognize the number you're calling from, see if it's matched to a Onepass acct, and then route the call automagically.

belynch Jul 15, 2008 7:24 pm

It's already all-numeric.

Assuming you can even get that far. I generally call from airports (go figure) where there's a ton of background noise, so the VR software immediately thinks I'm speaking, and goes into that mode.

Plus, I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of FF'ers have smartphones where the alpha characters no longer correspond to the numerics as per the olde tyme telephone protocol.

9'er? Are you calling from a walkie talkie?

sbm12 Jul 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE (Post 10040376)
For example, would LN be 5-6 or 555-66?

5-6

Originally Posted by belynch (Post 10040486)
Assuming you can even get that far. I generally call from airports (go figure) where there's a ton of background noise, so the VR software immediately thinks I'm speaking, and goes into that mode.

Plus, I'd venture a guess that the vast majority of FF'ers have smartphones where the alpha characters no longer correspond to the numerics as per the olde tyme telephone protocol.

9'er? Are you calling from a walkie talkie?

I put my phone on mute after hitting the send key. I can still enter the DTMF touch tones on the keypad and then un-mute the phone once I'm through the IVR system. Also, at least on a BB you can hold down the shift key and press the letter and the phone will put it through as the appropriate number.

OptionsCLE Jul 15, 2008 7:45 pm

Thanks for the help. I'll try that next time.

Benjh Jul 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 10040568)
5-6
Also, at least on a BB you can hold down the shift key and press the letter and the phone will put it through as the appropriate number.

I was about to ask the blackberry question when reading the thread, and you answered it!!!
You just saved me a lot of time! It's been a year I've had my blackberry, and never figured it out!

So thank you.

EWR ATC Hold Jul 16, 2008 12:35 am

Since moving to London and changing my address to London to take advantage of the 200% EQMs for BF TATL, I've found I NEVER can reach the elite desk because after I type in my OnePass number it always asks for my zip code . . . but my zip code is a mix of numbers and letters and the system never recognises it, so I always get bumped to the regular desk.

CO 1E Jul 16, 2008 10:45 am

Yep - I do this every time I call. I cannot remember doing this and knowingly being rerouted to the non-elite line recently.