ORF-EWR - July 13 - cancellation?

Old Jul 13, 08, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA ExP
ORF-EWR - July 13 - cancellation?

First post here. Really appreciate all the words of wisdom I've read as a lurker the last year or so...

Thought you guys might like this one:

Get to Norfolk around 1215pm for my scheduled 2:35pm flight to Newark. I use the e-ticket check-in. I am informed that I need to "see a gate agent" in order to process my check-in.

I speak to someone behind the counter and ask him what the deal is. He says they're trying to move people on the 2:35 flight to the 1:15 flight.

After about a five-minute wait, he moves me and my wife to the 1:15.

I ask him if they're canceling the 2:35 flight. He says "well, we don't call it cancelling."

I just checked the flight status for the 2:35 (Flight #3325) and it doesn't show up on continental.com - it says that this flight doesn't operate on Sundays.

So, what happened here? Was the 1:15 empty and the flight after the 2:35 empty, so they tried to kill a flight by moving everyone around?
Old Jul 13, 08, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgsplace View Post
I just checked the flight status for the 2:35 (Flight #3325) and it doesn't show up on continental.com - it says that this flight doesn't operate on Sundays.
CO.com says that it arrived at the gate 2 minutes early this evening. It is likely that they moved you to the earlier flight just as a precaution in case the later flight was canceled due to weather at EWR.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Jul 13, 08, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, AA ExP
Originally Posted by sdm1130 View Post
CO.com says that it arrived at the gate 2 minutes early this evening. It is likely that they moved you to the earlier flight just as a precaution in case the later flight was canceled due to weather at EWR.

Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Ugh. I'm an idiot. I typed in 3325 on the main page, and nothing came up. Did a search by airports and there it was. So much for my conspiracy theory...

Search this Thread