Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

First Class: Breakfast with choice of cereal or a hot main course option

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium

I'm afraid to ask, but does anyone know what the breakfast "hot main course" option is on transcons these days?

Please don't tell me it's those croissants that have both the shape and texture of a stale cigar.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; Hilton Gold; Hertz #1 Gold
Here's a picture: http://www1.airliners.net/uf/536956064/phpbzeLJ9.jpg
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:53 pm

Programs: CO Plat(soon Premier Gold) PC lifetime(UC Life?) SPG Plat(Soon Gold)
This morning DEN-IAH it was sourdough ham/egg/cheese sandwitch.
(Sorry, I don't have a picture.)
Old Jul 12, 2008, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by n5177c
That looks a lot like the BF breakfast I had going into Narita in May...hmmmm...I'm not sure they're throwing omelets around on domestic transcons?

Funny though! :-)
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; Hilton Gold; Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by TommyC80
I'm not sure they're throwing omelets around on domestic transcons?
Of course they do! Here's teh full trip report:

http://www1.airliners.net/aviation-f...d.main/127060/
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:11 pm

Programs: CO
Yes transcon on CO is much like BF international minus a few things, like the fruit/cheese plate at dessert and the hot apps at dinner.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by n5177c
Of course they do! Here's teh full trip report:

http://www1.airliners.net/aviation-f...d.main/127060/
Wow! Learned something today Thanks!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In addition to the meal pictures above, a transcon breakfast meal service will include cookies (baked in flight, of course) a few hours after breakfast.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hhonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
ewr-den hot option was a cheese and mushroom omelet with a side of the usual BF veggies. On the side was yogurt and an economy portion of fruit. FA came around with cinnamon rolls and biscuits. It was weird that the FA offered water for the wine glasses. Also no cookies on the 3.5+ hour flight!!!
Old Jul 12, 2008, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
ewr-sdq was a gross omelette and some type of soggy potato.

The return lunch was much better.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 10:08 pm

Oh man, I love those "soggy" potatoes. They're au gratin and sometimes have broccoli in them. But then, I love cheese.

I believe that on the transcon there is a french toast option too.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: CO
Originally Posted by pptp
Oh man, I love those "soggy" potatoes. They're au gratin and sometimes have broccoli in them. But then, I love cheese.

I believe that on the transcon there is a french toast option too.
Usually, yes but there have been "catering mistakes" so you never know.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 7:01 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
We've had the following recently (May - June) on IAH-SFO, SFO-IAH, MSY-EWR, and EWR-MSY:

Choice of Cheese Omlette with sausage and ham or cold cereal, bowl of yogurt, bowl of fruit and FA coming around with choice of cinnamon rolls or biscuits.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:01 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
I always get a choice between eggs or cereal. Sometimes the eggs have cheese in them, sometimes mushrooms, and sometimes the yucky plain omelet which looks like an omelet but has nothing in it but egg. I LOVE the potatoes and would gladly trade my ham and/or sausage for an extra helping of potatoes. Funny, I can never finish my plate when in a restaurant or in our house, but those potatoes are delicious!

In recent months there has been the usual fruit, a smallish bowl of yogurt and a choice of cinnamon bun or biscuit with jam and butter, and then the main course. I wish they had packets of hot cocoa- I'm not a coffee or tea drinker. I think this has been the standard menu for breakfast for years, though the potatoes and yogurt seem for some reason to be newer to me. Did they every serve French Toast or pancakes, etc? I've bee with CO for years and can't remember.

I much prefer their breakfasts to their lunches, unless the soup is cream of mushroom, which they make very well. Last week I got pasta for supper, it looked like mannicoti though the FA called it something else. I could only eat half but it was good, and after eating that with bread and butter, I almost turned down the cherry cheesecake. I say "almost" b/c it would be against my religion to turn down cherry cheesecake! I do wish they'd waited a few minutes between supper and dessert to let the stomach settle- it would be nice to get a few minutes of digestion before stuffing my face!

Still, I wish they had those breakfast potatoes for lunch and dinner, too!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:33 am

I do wish they'd waited a few minutes between supper and dessert to let the stomach settle- it would be nice to get a few minutes of digestion before stuffing my face!
Perhaps you could allow the cheesecake to rest on your tray table until your stomach is settled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.