Wiki Posts
Search

Sedan service to EWR suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO
Sedan service to EWR suggestions

Hey all, i tried doing a search but kept running into dead ends.What I'm looking for is a towncar service thats reasonable from Monmouth County NJ to EWR for my upcoming CO flight. My boss is only willing to pay for the Olympic shuttle because I'm so close but their times are REALLY inconvenient for me, and they have a tendency of being late, especially on the return home from EWR. I'd rather just get a towncar and eat the cost. Any suggestions?

Mods feel free to move this, but i figured since there are so many CO folks in the EWR area it might do better here.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
I would suggest checking the New York City Forum
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I would suggest checking the New York City Forum
So Monmouth County NJ is in NYC??
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Thank you, i don't know why i never thought to go there.I n ever go to the regional forums for some reason.I don't want to cross post (since that is a big no no) so if the mods would be so kind as to move this one for me i'd be grateful.

ETA: well no its not but its only 20 minutes away on a good day so i think its reasonable to suggest it.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:04 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I quite sure the CO mods are ok with you posting this thread here even if it's a little OT. I know plenty of NJ guys frequent the CO forum, you will probably get an answer if they leave the thread here.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Monmouth county is a big place, and if you're in Brielle or somewhere like that, I'm skeptical about it being 20 minutes from EWR or NYC...
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:37 am
Original Poster

No northern Monmouth county, like Aberdeen area.
(although it would be nice to live in Brielle!)

Last edited by rhiannonwales; Jul 3, 2008 at 11:47 am
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My company uses Olympic and I also live in Monmouth in the Freehold area.

They are on Rte 33 in Wall, and the last trip I took, it was about $130 each way (I think).

I've used them several times, in both directions, and they have never been late.

Last trip I took an earlier flight and called to tell them, and they were waiting in their usual spot.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:43 pm

Does anybody know of any good limo/taxi services in the Union county (Westfield/Elizabeth) area?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite
For Monmouth County try best limo dot com Have used in the past and they are pretty reasonable.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
Originally Posted by Case1096
For Monmouth County try best limo dot com Have used in the past and they are pretty reasonable.
www.bestlimo.com
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by das126
Does anybody know of any good limo/taxi services in the Union county (Westfield/Elizabeth) area?
Answer really applies to both questions - I have used Harrington for a couple years now. Very prompt, drivers are good - heavy corporate use (e.g., Lucent - now Alcatel-Lucent - and several other local corporations use them). I live in Berkeley Heights (close to Westfield) and cost is less than $90to Newark (20-25 mins), although this could be corporate negotiated rate.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MRP Platinum, Marriott Vacation Club Chairman, SPG Platinum, Cunard Platinum,
Originally Posted by icydog

I asked for a quote from Monroe Township, Middlesex County NJ (Exit 8A) to EWR (exit 13A) and this is what I got from them.

69+toll+tip+tax one way

Navaid
Best Limousine LLC
732 727 0500, 609 448 4215,
Toll Free 800-422-2378
[email protected]
www.bestlimo.com
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

What a crappy boss
Old Jul 4, 2008, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Well in fairness, i live very close to the airport, and usually they only supply airport transportation if you live more than 40 minutes away from the airport.Its just that because of scheduling with my spouse its not really easy for him to take me himself. I work for a non profit whose employees are spread out around the country. Since my boss is in SAN, they don't see that although the airport is close to my home, its not easy to access by public transport or anything.
They are normally very generous with expenses, but since we rely on public funding and the economy kinda sux now, well we are pulling our belts a bit tighter too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.