1st time in 1st

Old Jul 2, 08, 8:05 am
Original Poster

1st time in 1st

I just finished a SAN to PHL trip yesterday in First on Continental. All I have to say is wow . . moving from US Airways to Delta last year was a huge change in service, but with this first experience with Continental, I may be making another change! My flights were on 737-300's so no entertainment, but with my laptop I have my own VOD system. Additionally with the extra pitch, I could comfortably watch a movie with the person in front of me reclined. I was also quite satisfied with the quality of food, although I did somewhat miss the special beverages on Delta. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience with everything on time, 2 great crews and clean planes. Continental, with my limited experience on them, is by far the best carrier in the US. You guys have got it good . . .

Thanks,

William
Old Jul 2, 08, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A menace to everything in the sky. Yes. Even birds.
Programs: Eh+ Rapid Rolleyes
Originally Posted by wrdouglas View Post
moving from US Airways
As a US refugee myself I can confidently say you could have taken a wheelbarrow being pulled by a diarrhetic donkey across the country and would have been pleased by the experience.

But that's not to take anything away from CO. I wholeheartedly agree that they are consistently good and worlds better than the Low Care Carrier. ^
Old Jul 2, 08, 10:08 am

Programs: CO Platinum; Delta Gold; Marriott Platinum; Avis First
I hope to one day sit in FC... The problem is that CO has only regional jets on my routes and my only real FC opportunity is the CLE-LAX flight (which we know is very hard to get an upgrade for)
Old Jul 2, 08, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Originally Posted by belynch View Post
a wheelbarrow being pulled by a diarrhetic donkey
LOL . I spit up my drink on that one!
Old Jul 2, 08, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yawn. Tell us something we don't know.
Old Jul 2, 08, 1:29 pm

With the re-start of PHL-EWR service, it will be interesting to see how many refugees come over from the dark side.

Check out the LCC board re: A330 and TATL service issues. Ouch.....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: