Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CLE Changes: CO takes over NW check-in space

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2008, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

I day tripped to NYC today and noticed that NW has finally moved their check-in counters to the north lobby in the old USA3000 space. It looks like CO is almost done converting the red to blue and adding a significant amount of kiosks for check-in purposes. This should help reduce some of the lines during peak periods such as Saturday and Monday mornings.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 6:01 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
This should help reduce some of the lines during peak periods such as Saturday and Monday mornings.

Now if the C concourse TSA could only get a second CT scanner, life would really be sweet
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat,Priority Club Plat
I am very curious what Co is going to do with that space. Since the belts are not tied together those bags will be going to the old nw bag room. Plus there are not any ctx machines down there. I am sure WN would not appreciate CO using their one and only ctx machine.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by burghboys
I am very curious what Co is going to do with that space. Since the belts are not tied together those bags will be going to the old nw bag room. Plus there are not any ctx machines down there. I am sure WN would not appreciate CO using their one and only ctx machine.
Well if they dont want to spend the coin on extending the belts, I am sure they can use outsourced staff to move bags or use that end of the counter for non-checked bag stations. Alternatively, they can tug the bags over once they are in the bag room.

Now if they would only vacate their gates!
Old Jun 8, 2008, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by MBM3
I day tripped to NYC today and noticed that NW has finally moved their check-in counters to the north lobby in the old USA3000 space. It looks like CO is almost done converting the red to blue and adding a significant amount of kiosks for check-in purposes. This should help reduce some of the lines during peak periods such as Saturday and Monday mornings.
I saw the new ticket counters today. However, I did not see any actual kiosks, just a blue front to the desks. Maybe they will eventually install the kiosks at each position, or are there other plans for these positions? They still need to paint & add CO titles to the wall behind the counter. I wonder how the traffic flow of passengers will work. I hope they stretch the lines out a bit to create some more "breathing room" between the corrals and the doors. It can get very tight in the narrow "walkway" in front of Starbucks.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 7:29 am

Programs: CO Platinum; Delta Gold; Marriott Platinum; Avis First
A second CT scanner would be nice!
Old Jun 12, 2008, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by rtiggi
A second CT scanner would be nice!
A second CT scanner where? CO's baggage is all scanned behind the scenes in the bag makeup area, unlike most other airlines at CLE (except those at the northern end of the ticketing area-American, Midwest and USA 3000).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.