Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Schedules out 6 months?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Flight Schedules out 6 months?

Anyone know if continental schedules out filght times/schedules further out than 6 months, or if its shorter? Reason I'm asking is that my company has a policy that if the flight is over 4 hours I can fly in F. My typical flight I take every week is going 3 hours and 57 mins for the next few months (doh!) so I'll be relying on EAU's. Looking at the schedules it looks like this is the case through the end of the year since the equip is changing to a 73G from a 733.

Would this seem set in stone thats its through the end of the year, or have they just not scheduled out to October yet and everything past that is keeping the same flight details from that time frame until a change in made?

Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
The schedule itself is loaded 330 days in advance, but the block times can change for various reasons. Block times also change thru the day because of schedule padding for delays at busier times. Sometimes the same city pair can be 20 minutes (or more) longer later in the day. If you don't have to be on that specific flight, pick a later one that's over 4.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Ah- ok thanks- I'll probably just stick with the same flight since the next one out doesn't get me in until around midnight and the # of upgrades in the cabin have been showing around just over 50% pretty consistantly for this leg (EWR-AUS) for the 2pm flight according to the PDA listings for early in the week. Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA, QR, Flying Blue, AA.
Originally Posted by LesPaul30
Reason I'm asking is that my company has a policy that if the flight is over 4 hours I can fly in F. My typical flight I take every week is going 3 hours and 57 mins for the next few months (doh!) so I'll be relying on EAU's.
Check the flight's on time performance. I bet they don't always make it under 4 hours. So when they don't make your company buy you A next time.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Under the Liberty Visual to 27L at PHL. Stranger in a strange land - a Devils fan in Flyers country.
Programs: PWP Le Chancelier des Clefs d'Or || Sarcasm, Anti-Stupidity, Obscure References top tier member.
Originally Posted by DragonPhish
Check the flight's on time performance. I bet they don't always make it under 4 hours. So when they don't make your company buy you A next time.
Nice! Go to FlightStats or something...usethat as a justification that a 4-hour limit should really be 3:30 because of delays.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by ConciergeMike
Nice! Go to FlightStats or something...usethat as a justification that a 4-hour limit should really be 3:30 because of delays.
And make sure you don't mistakenly show them flightaware.com or they'll find out that actual flight time is only 2:30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.