Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental’s Million Miler Program – The Details

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental’s Million Miler Program – The Details

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by texd
So all infinite plat members are expected to have both a wife and a girlfriend?
Duhh! Ya gotta have a reason for all that travelin'.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA Silv; Hyatt Plat, Priority Club, SPG G, HHonors G, Marriott S; Hertz 5*; AA, WN, Pan Am!
Originally Posted by kingalien
Well the same residence requirements have gotta make that a bit awkward.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CO Insider
The same-address requirement is key and will be audited regularly.
And that is not hard to do. CO can do more than compare the addresses in the co.com profiles. CO could actually check the address of the companion from their ID at the counter when they check baggage or even when they board at the gate. CO could make acceptance to audit at anytime a condition for having a companion on the MM program - with failure of an audit being the possible loss of status.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:34 pm
JMR

Programs: *wood, UA, HHonors
Nice program addition

Nice work, CO Onepass (and you too, CO Insider). Having wasted sooo many miles on HP, I doubt I'm even at 500k over the past 6 years, so I'm not an instant beneficiary. However, I now have some extra reasons to stick with CO. ^
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by kingalien
I think that is why most of us on here travel!
Now that we've cleared up that we all have a wife and girlfriend, does the mistress count too?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA MM
This is generally very exciting.

One mild complaint, however. If you and your spouse / S.O. are both million milers, if you interpret the rules strictly, then you largely lose one of the main benefits - the ability to designate another as elite. It's possible that this will happen to me and my wife before we are too old.

I understand (and support) the necessity of avoiding a market in elite status; but in such circumstances it would be nice to be able to designate a child or a parent without feeling like you've abused the system (by pretending they are an S.O.) or even opening yourself up to some sort of punitive action because you violated the program rules.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:52 pm

Programs: CO Plat; Marriott Silver; Hilton Gold
Thanks, Scott.

I'm guessing I'm halfway there - at best - but it gives me another goal to work towards!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Agreed! If I'm not there yet, it just gives me something to work towards!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by perezoso
This is generally very exciting.

One mild complaint, however. If you and your spouse / S.O. are both million milers, if you interpret the rules strictly, then you largely lose one of the main benefits - the ability to designate another as elite. It's possible that this will happen to me and my wife before we are too old.

I understand (and support) the necessity of avoiding a market in elite status; but in such circumstances it would be nice to be able to designate a child or a parent without feeling like you've abused the system (by pretending they are an S.O.) or even opening yourself up to some sort of punitive action because you violated the program rules.

Good point - Mr BL and I will both hit this he may not hit 4mm though- I guess we'll each find SO to move in the house Polygamy is legal in Texas, right????
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:25 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by cova
CO could actually check the address of the companion from their ID at the counter when they check baggage or even when they board at the gate.
Not if you use a passport even on domestic flights.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:29 pm

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
This is really great news. Now I can not wait to see how many miles I have racked up. Just when I though the Lifetime PC card was as good as I was going to get.

Way to step it up CO
Old Jun 2, 2008, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.7 Million Miler, Hilton Diamond
Question

Scott, This sounds very exciting. I have been wanting a reason to not leave CO after the 75000 mile level.

Anyway here is my question:

I think I am already a lifetime Silver based on my past 8 years of flying. If I am Lifetime Silver, will I need to fly 50,000 or 75,000 miles in the next calendar year to earn Platinum?
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:12 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Reptile
I think I am already a lifetime Silver based on my past 8 years of flying. If I am Lifetime Silver, will I need to fly 50,000 or 75,000 miles in the next calendar year to earn Platinum?
Hi Reptile, with our Million Miler program, we will not have any Elite Qualification discounts for the higher Elite tiers. Any Elite tier above what you get with the Million Mile program would have to be earned the hard way!
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: La Ministreuse de Surréalisme, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CO Insider
Hi Reptile, with our Million Miler program, we will not have any Elite Qualification discounts for the higher Elite tiers. Any Elite tier above what you get with the Million Mile program would have to be earned the hard way!
^
Old Jun 2, 2008, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
Thumbs up

I just caught up with all of this...

Scott & everyone else at CO: Nicely Done!! I did not see the spouse thing coming! I may be able to throw a bone to the boss-lady with this "you're gonna get platinum status as well" (As long as I keep travelling... I can see 1M being fairly easy, but 2M or 4M...???) the next time she belly aches about all my time away from home. That should buy me a few returns on Sat or departures on Sun without complaint.

Kudos.. ^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.