Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about IAH and the PC/CL lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
Question about IAH and the PC/CL lounge

I'm going to have a layover in IAH next week. I'd like to use the KL Crown Lounge by the D gates.

Since it's the international terminal, can you tell me if it's accessible if I don't have a boarding pass for one of the gates in that terminal?

My CO flights will be arriving/departing from the C gates.

Do you think the KL lounge is worth the hassle? If so, can you tell me which PC lounge is considered as the "main" lounge?

Thanks in advance ^
Old May 23, 2008, 12:18 am

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
All of the gates are accessable with a boarding pass -- no matter the carrier and/or airline location. Check out the KLM lounge, and then walk over the skybridge system to Terminal E and visit the CO President's Club there. Great lounge -- was PriorityPass's Lounge of the Year. Enjoy!
Old May 23, 2008, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Thank you ^

And does the KL lounge serve hot food or only snacks, just like WC, CO and DL?
Old May 26, 2008, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
Thank you ^

And does the KL lounge serve hot food or only snacks, just like WC, CO and DL?

The KL lounge this summer did not serve hot food and the snacks were limited to make an understatement. No draft beer and the lounge was very small. The only positive about the KL lounge was the proximity to the KL departurne gates.
Old May 27, 2008, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elgringito
The KL lounge this summer did not serve hot food and the snacks were limited to make an understatement. No draft beer and the lounge was very small. The only positive about the KL lounge was the proximity to the KL departurne gates.
I'll keep that in mind. Thank you for the info ^
Old May 27, 2008, 8:42 am

Programs: CO - Gold, Marriott- Gold, HH- Gold, Hyatt Diamond, miscellaneous nothing on many
Actually, the KL lounge's food wasn't too bad. I was there three weeks ago and experienced a variety of cold sandwiches, cookies, chips, and sweets. Much better selection than CO. KL also has self service on drinks (which I prefer): bottled beer, wine, hard liquor, sodas and water.The chairs are NOT comfy like at CO's lounge though. So it depends if you want better eats or better seats.
Old May 27, 2008, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by elgringito
I'd say the same for the AF lounge. The PC in terminal E is much nicer.
Old May 28, 2008, 12:45 am
Original Poster

I just realized that the KL & AF lounge are only for BF and STE+ members. So I guess back to PC club for me
Old May 29, 2008, 12:46 am

I just realized that the KL & AF lounge are only for BF and STE+ members. So I guess back to PC club for me
You'll be happier.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

I just got back from a nice long weekend in ANC (Denali and Seward).

I walked to the KL club anyway but they were closed. I couldn't find the AF lounge. So we walked to the PC terminal E location and wow, it was nice and reminds me a lot of the main WC location in DTW.

Thanks again for the feedback guys ^
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I just got back from a nice long weekend in ANC (Denali and Seward).

I walked to the KL club anyway but they were closed. I couldn't find the AF lounge. So we walked to the PC terminal E location and wow, it was nice and reminds me a lot of the main WC location in DTW.

Thanks again for the feedback guys ^
Yes the E lounge is nice with the lower and upper floor, viewing of flights or people whatever is your preference(from up above where they can see you in wonder...)
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:01 pm

The AF lounge is hidden in a closet.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:38 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So why do AF and KL operate these lounges? Just to be more exclusive? The CO lounges are overall great. I can't imagine the expense is truly worth it. Always wondered why AF has a NRT lounge right next to the great new NW lounge. I guess it's pride....
Old Jul 1, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
If you have a WorldClubs membership, you might be allowed into the KL Lounge.

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Always wondered why AF has a NRT lounge right next to the great new NW lounge. I guess it's pride....
I have only made it into the NRT AF lounge as a guest. They do not allow PC members in...at least when flying NW.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
If you have a WorldClubs membership, you might be allowed into the KL Lounge.
this is the case, according to the website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.